PDA

View Full Version : Sat-Nav for Glasgow.....which one's are good.....?

indigomatt
19th January 2009, 10:29 AM
Morning all.....

Well as apparently it’s the most depressing day of the year :frown: have decided little work is in order and I’ll be best with on-line retail therapy :yes nod: ......

Have so far got my plasma telly and wii :D :D :D but am stuck on buying a sat-nav :sad:.....

It’ll be used by me occasionally across in Europe but is mainly for my friend.....she’ll be travelling with her new job solely around the greater Glasgow area.....

Ideally after the simplest, with full post-code entry.....that goes right to the house and not randomly drops you near by on a main raod.....also changeable voices, Kitt from Knight-rider etc would be a bonus :Whistle:.....

What do people recommend, have experience with, as all look to be much alike these days :rolleyes: ......

Ta, Matthew

Forbes
19th January 2009, 12:21 PM
I got the cheap one from costco and other than trying to find the Gismo man's house (which unless you know where it is you won't find it) i can not fault it yet, you can also wire it up so it gets live updates to divert you round traffic. Was about £100

Gismo
19th January 2009, 12:49 PM
I got the cheap one from costco and other than trying to find the Gismo man's house (which unless you know where it is you won't find it) i can not fault it yetThe council won't change our location for sat nav, don't know why, we also don't have a street sign.

I bought a Tom Tom for the bike, but, it's the same software inside for the car one, i used it a lot last year in europe and it was excellent.
Sure it couldn't get me to a couple exact spots, but, i am more than happy with it.

Stewart
19th January 2009, 03:09 PM
Our Tom-Tom 520 in the ford is scarily accurate, My sister drives all over the UK and she can more or less tell us when she will be back in Glasgow from say Derby and its workd out about right every time. When pulling up in Glasgow to our house it says you have reached your destination basically a few car spaces away from the driveway…Used it a few times going to a post code in or around Glasgow that’s new to me and never missed yet……….

illegalhunter
19th January 2009, 03:32 PM
I wouldnt leave it in the car in Glesga

Craig
19th January 2009, 03:36 PM
I have an older Tom Tom and it works great. Gets my vote :thumbs up:

the traffic cars at work have tom tom's now also and they rave about them :smilewinkgrin:

Sheilz
19th January 2009, 05:46 PM
My TT works pretty well too though its a b*ggar for not knowing new housing schemes. Then again that's my fault because I should upgrade its maps. Otherwise its spot on for taking you to the doorstep - almost.

GCA3N
19th January 2009, 06:05 PM
Tried a few of these and to be honest most do a reasonable job, if you can afford a tom tom though, for me it's the best!:thumbs up:

Stewart
19th January 2009, 06:17 PM
I wouldnt leave it in the car in Glesga

It's never in the Mini much but I take it out with me when I do...........:thumbs up:

indigomatt
20th January 2009, 09:26 AM
Thank you all.....

I will look into it more this week.....need to see if I can get Kitt's voice for the Tom-Tom :yes nod: .....

Bye'se, see you a run one day.....Mini m's in for his MOT today :sad: .....

m

Crombers
20th January 2009, 09:44 AM
I use a map :yes nod:

D3 JDA
20th January 2009, 08:34 PM
Just got myself a new sat-nav a TomTom go 530 with handsfree bluetooth its the biz.:clap: