PDA

View Full Version : Car Shampoo...

gauldrymini
17th January 2009, 12:56 PM
I have been using either Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II or Meguairs Soft Gel, which both give good results...but fancied a bit of a change so what car shampoo do people recommend. Needs to produces decent amount of foam as I use it in a Super Sprayer as a pre wash and not strip wax:hand:...

Cheers
Andrew

marc_v33
17th January 2009, 01:37 PM
valet pro PH neutral snow foam from cleanyourcar.co.uk is supposed to be good.. they didnt have any when i bought my lance so i just bought the super snow foam but will be buying this when i need more!

RyanK
17th January 2009, 01:46 PM
Im using meguiars shampoo plus, works for me and smells awesome :thumbs up:

Don't think everone favours it though

AndyP & Lenore
17th January 2009, 01:47 PM
valet pro PH neutral snow foam from cleanyourcar.co.uk is supposed to be good.. they didnt have any when i bought my lance so i just bought the super snow foam but will be buying this when i need more!

But that's just for the snow faom machiney though is it not. It's not for use as an actual car shampoo.:confused:

Andrew, I used to use Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II also. Then I bought a 5 litre tub of Maguires pro shampoo and I'm not so keen on that - I just think it was leaving the car looking a bit dull:sad:. So I'm gonna go back to Maxi Suds II. Can't beat it.:thumbs up:

Once you find a winning formula, straying from it is always tricky.

A.:D

Scottie
17th January 2009, 06:03 PM
got to be Duragloss 901 :thumbs up:
and for a change CG citrus wash and gloss:cool:

marc_v33
17th January 2009, 07:39 PM
But that's just for the snow faom machiney though is it not. It's not for use as an actual car shampoo.:confused:

not as far as im aware:confused:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/valet-pro-ph-neutral-snow-foam/prod_500.html

gauldrymini
17th January 2009, 09:34 PM
Think I might stay with the Maxi Suds II...:yes nod: Another order for CYC me thinks...

Cheers for the thoughts

N12 JLK
18th January 2009, 10:53 AM
Pantene wash and go for fly away hair.

AndyP & Lenore
18th January 2009, 12:31 PM
not as far as im aware:confused:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/valet-pro-ph-neutral-snow-foam/prod_500.html

Yeah, that's a pre-wash shampoo. It's not intended for actually using as a shampoo in a bucket with wash mit. It's just for sticking in your snow-foam machine.

Again, that's as far as I can gleam from the web site. I haven't checked with Detailing World or anything - so I could still be wrong.:blush:

Stewart
18th January 2009, 06:49 PM
Yeah watch the snow foam will not have the same slickness as actual shampoo so you may end up scratching the paint if what ever your using to agitate the dirt hits a dry patch, Been Using Megs Hyperwash for my wash……along with snow foam in my lance.

Sheilz
19th January 2009, 02:21 AM
Ive gone back to my trusty autoglym. Nae too pricey and nice beading even without polishing and glossing. All their products are easy to use. I do the wheels with their stuff too and fairly helps build up of muck for a couple of days anyway.

Crombers
19th January 2009, 08:54 AM
Fairy Liquid all the way for me :thumbs up:

popeyJCW
6th February 2009, 05:29 PM
DG 901

Pre wash with Megs HW in foam lance gives good results too (maybe mixed with a little snow foam)

Crombers
6th February 2009, 06:56 PM
Once you find a winning formula, straying from it is always tricky.

I know exactly how you feel. I tried Tea without one suger & I just could'ny hack it ;)

Oops :off topic:

CoNs
23rd February 2009, 03:22 PM
I've been using Autosmart's Durafoam in a AB Foam Lance, letting it sit for 10mins, jet washing off then hand washing with AG Bodywork Conditioner with AWESOME results :thumbs up:

if i am being lazy i will throw some Demon Shine over it :shut up: