PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks this is unbelievable?

Craig
15th January 2009, 04:48 PM
Man City Kaka Proposed Deal (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7830199.stm)

Is any football player worth this transfer fee and weekly wages ?:thud::thud:

he will make more in 1 week than I will make in 15 years...! :argh:

Big Gordy
15th January 2009, 05:19 PM
The world has indeed gone mad:thud:

Crombers
15th January 2009, 05:29 PM
:thud:IT'S BONKERS :thud:

C.Noble
15th January 2009, 05:45 PM
For kicking an inflated pigs bladder!!! :thud:

I am in the wrong game!

No one in the world does a job that is worth those wages, that is simply obscene!

Smitty
15th January 2009, 06:51 PM
Stupid and pretty inconsiderate considering the current mess the world is in. :frown:

Really surprised Mark Hughes is backing this, I thought he was a sensible manager and wouldn't let the owners go bonkers!

Forbes
15th January 2009, 07:14 PM
Isn't world player of the year Ronaldo on £130,000 a week? Surely Ronaldo should be getting more than Kaka then.

It is still out of this world to pay anyone that much money, he could buy 4 Super Cars a week and still have thousands left.

I think they should cap salaries, i think Celtic do this where they rate players 1 to 5, and they have a limit and they stick to it. Think its like £60k they will pay their "stars" and nothing more

Crombers
15th January 2009, 09:22 PM
I think they should cap salaries, i think Celtic do this where they rate players 1 to 5, and they have a limit and they stick to it. Think its like £60k they will pay their "stars" and nothing more

Bobo Balde is currently on £28000 per week & as far as I know is their top earner. Celtic cannot wait for him to move on/finish his contract (then again not his fault as Celtic gave him the bumper contract in the first place when Martin O'Neill was manager then WGS didny fancy him). Celtic do have a scale system that they say they will not budge on but some how Thomas Gravessen was then signed on £40000 per week (he has fortunatley since moved on). I suppose if they think the right player comes along they will pay what they can thus deeming the scale system null & void as & when it suits them. Then again in this current climate Scottish Clubs are really tightening the purse strings and future signings will be on nothing like these salaries.

Gismo
16th January 2009, 03:49 AM
I don't agree with these types of salary, but, a footballers life, assuming he only ever plays football is a short one and i guess they have to try and earn a lifetimes wages in their short career.

Crombers
16th January 2009, 08:12 AM
I don't agree with these types of salary, but, a footballers life, assuming he only ever plays football is a short one and i guess they have to try and earn a lifetimes wages in their short career.

Whilst I agree it is a short life, it's kinda crazy to think that one man will earn more in one week than us mere mortals earn in 15 feckin years.

I work beside a guy who's father is John Fallon. John was Celtic goalkeeper in the 60's early 70's & pretty much played in the 1st team until Ronnie Simpson was signed when Jock Stein took over. John then went into the pub business (that's what many players did with the cash they had kept from their playing days). Players basically used what ever cash they had as a head start into another career when the football finished. These guys were not skint in any way but they were not all millionaires (as is every single current 'established' English Premiership player)

Gismo
16th January 2009, 08:25 AM
Whilst I agree it is a short life, it's kinda crazy to think that one man will earn more in one week than us mere mortals earn in 15 feckin yearsAnd i agree fully with you :thumbs up:

mini saltire
16th January 2009, 01:57 PM
:thud::ragin::ragin::ragin::ragin::frown:(I think that covers it)