PDA

View Full Version : Some Smash! Sad that the guy was killed...

Stewart
15th January 2009, 01:35 PM
Man killed in M8 sports car smash

A man has been killed and his female passenger seriously injured in an accident on the M8 on Wednesday night. The accident happened at 2310 GMT when a luxury sports car came off the road at Whitburn and crashed into a tree. The passenger was thrown clear, but the driver was trapped in the Lamborghini Gallardo, which caught fire and was extensively damaged in the blaze.

:sad:

RyanK
15th January 2009, 08:19 PM
Salvage. There seems to be an excessive number of people being killed up here over the past week, around 6 in total :frown:

Forbes
15th January 2009, 08:25 PM
Yeh its so bad up here. I dunno whats going on.

Stewart
15th January 2009, 11:35 PM
One of these things the Lambo that is lives not far from me, I kid you not they have the Lambo (Gray), New Bentley and two Mini’s being a works and an S…………the Two minis look like the daily drives as there moved about a lot the other two car sit all week…….Think the driver is still with us as the crash one was black.......

ianking
16th January 2009, 09:04 AM
I can tell you that there aint much of the Lambo to actually identify it as a Lambo.
Some twisted aluminium frame work in the ditch and a gear box half way up the tree. Absolutely horrific. I do recon the guy would have been dead before it set on fire which is a better way to go if I had the choice anyway.

rpn
16th January 2009, 02:15 PM
Here's the link....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7829998.stm

Ivano
16th January 2009, 02:26 PM
I can tell you that there aint much of the Lambo to actually identify it as a Lambo.
Some twisted aluminium frame work in the ditch and a gear box half way up the tree. Absolutely horrific. I do recon the guy would have been dead before it set on fire which is a better way to go if I had the choice anyway.

Did you pass the scene Ian?

Craig
16th January 2009, 02:29 PM
Did you pass the scene Ian?

I am sure Ian works for Amey, so may have been involved in looking at the scene and seeing if there was something wrong with the road etc as when there is a serious crash, there is normally a survey of the conditions, including weather, road, vehicle etc... and I am sure Amey look after that part of road.. :thumbs up:

ianking
16th January 2009, 04:54 PM
Almost correct.

I work for BEAR and BEAR have that section of the M8.

I am an Accident Investigation and Prevention Engineer.

I wasnt out on scene as I wasnt on call but I have the report and pics on my computer. I might go out for the follow up meeting with the police. That might not be for another week or 2 until they have finished their investigations.

The only reason this fatal accident has been so high profile is as a result of the car involved.

Craig
16th January 2009, 05:09 PM
BEAR - Amey, might be the same company soon... ;) I was close tho... :smilewinkgrin: