PDA

View Full Version : Salvage

bazzaric
14th January 2009, 09:39 PM
If I was to buy something like this (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2008-Mini-Cooper-Damage-Salvage-car_W0QQitemZ180320594257QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomo biles_UK?hash=item180320594257&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A7%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318), would I be able to put the seats, chrome interior parts, sat nav and some other parts in to a Cooper S '53 plate? Or is this a really expensive way of doing things??

I would want to get the wheels powdercoated (black). I presume there is a risk they are buckled, etc.

ianking
14th January 2009, 09:58 PM
you would need to have the complete wiring loom. The wiring loom is one of the first things to go in the car when its getting built so you can imagine how much stripping you would have to do to remove it.

HOWEVER that eBay posting is a scam. It states that the address is in Penicuik (I live in Penicuik) and I know that the address is a house where a retired electrician lives. I noticed the same listing last night. I called the man that lives at the address in Penicuik to tell him and he is aware. He was going to contact the police today.
Its prob some man living in Nigeria or such like trying to scam payment.
The scammer prob looks like this
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ianking82/fonejacker.jpg

eBay has always been bad for scam but it seems to be so much worse now. I try not to use it now.

That MINI in the listing even as salvage in that condition is easily worth twice that amount. There isnt that much needed really to get it on the road. Plus the scammer should have thought a bit harder and not listed the R50 mini as a 2008 car. They have prob stollen the pics from a reputable salvage sale site and just changed the numbers about.

bazzaric
14th January 2009, 10:06 PM
Darn, just set up a Western Union account and everything :computer: :D

GCA3N
15th January 2009, 08:59 AM
Some good advice given. Got to say though i use ebay all the time, and as long as your carefull then it is good. Check feedback in detail and contact seller just to ask a question. Make the question something specific about the item that they should know. A quick response with the right answer always makes a good start. I do think this item is suspect and the biggest give away is they have no previous feedback. Alarm bells ringing, hope this helps

MartinSullivan
15th January 2009, 09:49 AM
A Penicuik address and a London telephone number should start alarm bells ringing