PDA

View Full Version : boot leak

stoney
12th January 2009, 04:19 PM
well as some of you know from the last run i have had a leak in my boot

so took it over to my workshop yesterday and striped the boot down took out the rear brake light and put some sealer round it as it looked like it was coming from the top of the boot

so took it home last night and all looked ok

left it striped down just in case

so checked it this moring as it had been raing hard all last night

and to my horror the battary (witch is sunk in the boot) was 1/2 to 3/4 way up with water :argh: and the drivers side of the boot was wet
so took it back to my workshop and cleand out all the water then got my dad to spray the boot with water :yes nod:

we found it was the seal of the back windscreen :argh:

so got on the phone and phoned round a few places for prices for re sealing it :thumbs up:

prices i got given where

£37.40 + VAT
£75 + VAT:eek:
£65 + VAT

so that it booked in 2morow to get fixed :thumbs up: at RAC they where the best price

GCA3N
12th January 2009, 04:32 PM
I also have a leak in the boot been looking for ages to see why. will have a look at the window seal, thanks. Where are you getting the best quote to fix it, thanks greig.:thumbs up:

stoney
12th January 2009, 04:51 PM
I also have a leak in the boot been looking for ages to see why. will have a look at the window seal, thanks. Where are you getting the best quote to fix it, thanks greig.:thumbs up:

RAC in motherwell give me the best price i just phoned around a few and they where all about 2x the price of RAC

stoney
12th January 2009, 04:54 PM
if you take off the bottom boot pannal then get some on to spray round the seal and you will see it drip in if not the seal thru try the top brake light

GCA3N
13th January 2009, 12:42 PM
thanks for the advice, will get on to it as soon as i am back from offshore, thanks again:thumbs up:

leighj
13th January 2009, 01:09 PM
My MINIs got a leak in the boot aswell, keep meaning to get it fixed! Will get my dad to help me see where the leaks coming from at the weekend, will have a look at the window seal

stoney
13th January 2009, 08:02 PM
ok updae on leak its NOT the window seal !!!!!!!!!!!!

it turns out its the clips that hold the chrome line trim under the window or the bits at hold on the top trim on !!

Craig
13th January 2009, 08:04 PM
I am glad you are getting to the bottom of this eventually Rob.. :yes nod:

stoney
13th January 2009, 08:13 PM
I am glad you are getting to the bottom of this eventually Rob.. :yes nod:

i know at last the best bit is will get done for free as it was bmw that messed it up when they sprayed the boot so looks like they are going to do the battary cable as well i hope :thumbs up::cool:

Craig
13th January 2009, 08:23 PM
i know at last the best bit is will get done for free as it was bmw that messed it up when they sprayed the boot so looks like they are going to do the battary cable as well i hope :thumbs up::cool:

even better. :thumbs up: (not that they mucked up in the first place, but that they will sort it.. ;))

stoney
13th January 2009, 10:20 PM
i know thank god:D thats all i need is another bill :argh:

twinklystar
15th January 2009, 12:48 AM
hey there,

i had a small swimming pool in the boot of my first mini cooper, but it only happened when the car was on a slight incline...turned out it was the channel/gutter leading from the roof down the side of the boot leaking right into the boot (if that makes sense :blush::blush:), it wasnt draining the water away from the roof properly, instead pouring it into the right hand side of the boot...it took menzies a few tries to fix, including realligning the boot door to fix it...but they got there in the end!! :clap::clap:

good luck!!! ;)

stoney
15th January 2009, 10:05 AM
hey there,

i had a small swimming pool in the boot of my first mini cooper, but it only happened when the car was on a slight incline...turned out it was the channel/gutter leading from the roof down the side of the boot leaking right into the boot (if that makes sense :blush::blush:), it wasnt draining the water away from the roof properly, instead pouring it into the right hand side of the boot...it took menzies a few tries to fix, including realligning the boot door to fix it...but they got there in the end!! :clap::clap:

good luck!!! ;)

thanx for the advice it going in to bmw body shop on sat morning so hopefully will asll be fixed soon :thumbs up:

leighj
5th February 2009, 04:24 PM
I just popped down to my local garage this afternoon to see about my boot leak, i noticed at the wkend while washing the car that the rear brake light had water in it, so looks like thats where the leaks been coming from....dunno why i didnt notice the brake light before! lol Had a look at the light and the seal as all come apart so a new light has been ordered from BMW MINI, hopefully thats it :)