PDA

View Full Version : Price

Hamish
12th January 2009, 03:38 PM
Hey everyone... whats everyones thoughts on the price, is it decent?

Full Cooper Aero kit, including honeycomb grill, delivered inc VAT £697???

Unpainted as it needs to be sprayed bespoke colour.

illegalhunter
12th January 2009, 03:45 PM
Thats still a lot of money unpainted

ianking
12th January 2009, 04:11 PM
That seems expensive.
Also imagine how gutted you will be after another cup car crashes into it.

GCA3N
12th January 2009, 04:27 PM
I have been doing alot a research on this as i also have been looking to put a kit on the car. There are alot of deals out there, including ebay. For example i saw yesterday a full kit (new) in pure silver for £475 (this is very good though). I have also seen the front and rear bumpers going for between 100-170 each, in the correct colour.(side skirts for around the 200 mark) In saying all this you have to be patient and look around, and you may also need to buy in seperately. I guess it depends on how hard earned your cash is. The actual price that you have stated is ok, it probably should retail around the 800-900 bracket. Hope this helps out.:thumbs up:

Hamish
12th January 2009, 05:14 PM
haha, yeah gutted if it gets crashed into or i crash, high possibility too!!!

cheers for advice guys, i'm looking to fit it as several cars have them on, so thought i'd go down same route... mmmh decisions.

I dont have much time before i need to get my hands on it to get it painted so i'll do as much searching as poss before commiting. I'm using the standard cooper bumpers as spares :p haha, you never know when they'll be needed!!! :argh:

MrMischief
12th January 2009, 07:41 PM
haha, yeah gutted if it gets crashed into or i crash, high possibility too!!!

cheers for advice guys, i'm looking to fit it as several cars have them on, so thought i'd go down same route... mmmh decisions.

I dont have much time before i need to get my hands on it to get it painted so i'll do as much searching as poss before commiting. I'm using the standard cooper bumpers as spares :p haha, you never know when they'll be needed!!! :argh:

Seems a little pricey for your intentions - have you tried calling round any large scrapyards, you may get lucky? I'm sure I've seen cheaper copies of the kit (in fibreglass) which are really light but obviously not as flexible or strong as the standard kit.

We've got the aero kit on our S, are there any aerodynamic advantages that have been proven over the standard kit or are they purely cosmetic??? If not, I'd advise you to go for the lighter kit.