PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Time

Gismo
15th April 2004, 04:39 PM
Hi, it's the dreaded insurance time again, best i can get for my car including all mods is £633.89, is this reasonable compared to others??

This includes a claim in 2002

Julz
15th April 2004, 04:59 PM
It sounds ok for all your mods covered, I'm £890, with everything covered, parked on the street and I'm 24!! I'm with Adrian Flux if that's any help!! Rob is with Admiral, and he's £690!!

Try confused.com if you haven't already, this usually saves a bit of farting about and it is quite good!!;):D

Wul
15th April 2004, 05:10 PM
Bonnie - sounds ok to me too

MCS Chilli, 28, 5yrs NCD, no convictions (hugs tree), Business Use, Fully Comp with courtesy car cover £650ish with Priviledge.

Fontal
15th April 2004, 05:24 PM
I'm not even close to that they want £879 for my one up here in Shetland (the last time a car got nicked up here it was returned with a full tank of fuel and a thank you note and that was in the eighties) thats with adrian flux :(

Gismo
15th April 2004, 05:37 PM
Adrian Flux were almost £900 for me :eek: most won't touch me for the mods, hi-fi is uninsurable, confused.com working away as we speak for the best.
Direct line & eSure etc won't quote

Looks like sticking with my current insurer :)

Julz
15th April 2004, 05:44 PM
I tried confused.com to get an idea of insurance for an Evo, I got 20 replies, they all said 'we do not insure imported cars'!!:mad:

As for Adrian Flux, they're the only ones that would insure the engine upgrade for me!! Try Performance Direct, I was with them for years and they were quite good, until they said I was too young for such an upgrade in power:mad::mad::mad:

And Wul, your insurance sounds a bit hefty, keep in mind that mine covers kit, stereo, exhaust, BBR conversion etc etc.......... with the car valued at £25k!!

Gismo
15th April 2004, 05:48 PM
I would be £510 for my S if it was standard with my existing insurers :) well, add in the alloys etc, still, it's very expensive, especially when i could insure a brand new M3 for £686, watch this space

Wul
15th April 2004, 05:51 PM
Julz - yeh - that was based on my upgrade 3/4 way through the policy I had on my coop - come july the phone will be burning up! :D

Fontal
15th April 2004, 06:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fontal

I'm not even close to that they want £879 for my one up here in Shetland (the last time a car got nicked up here it was returned with a full tank of fuel and a thank you note and that was in the eighties) thats with adrian flux :(

Having said this I have just been on confused.com and they have found that Elephant can do £515 are Elephant any good:question:

macblob
15th April 2004, 06:46 PM
Watch out for elephant on covering the mods frontal , im sure its them ive heard stories about only covering the standard car so the standard car is all you would get back from them

Neil and Lorna
15th April 2004, 07:22 PM
Another thing to ask your insurance company is, are the passengers of the car covered for injuries .
Some insurance co's dont cover the passengers but dont tell you.
If you do have an accident and passengers are hurt they could sue you.:blackeye:

Who knows who you could have in your car at anytime.

Remember we live in a blame somebody else and sue them culture unfortunatly.:mad:

All the tv adds dont help.:disapprove:

Sorry if any solicitors read this.

Neil

Duncan Stewart
15th April 2004, 09:03 PM
Wow, some high prices! I'm only £200 with Direct Line

Gismo
15th April 2004, 09:51 PM
Performance Direct were keen on the phone only to discover they couldn't get anyone to insure me because of the vast increase in BHP, ah well, M3 here i come :p:evil:;)

Julz
15th April 2004, 10:46 PM
Aye, Performance Direct are great for covering mods, but after a certain % increase in power, they aren't allowed!! Ah well, you get your M3 (in black) and I'll get my Evo 6 (in black) and we can start our own forums can't-insure-a-newminiscotland.co.uk:evil:

Gismo
15th April 2004, 10:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz
Ah well, you get your M3 (in black)There is an absolute beauty at JC's in Aberdeen (silver) only a cool 39k, just about what i've spent on my Mini :eek:

Julz
15th April 2004, 11:44 PM
Oh nooooo, not silver!!;) I like some of the individual colours you can get the M3 in, but you cannot deny that black is one of the best!! I'm banned from car showrooms, aswell as B&Q, Homebase and anything garden, furniture and decorating related!!:disapprove:

zimbo
16th April 2004, 12:04 AM

Oh nooooo, not silver...

And what exactly is wrong with silver may I ask young lady!!! :evil::mad:

Tho I do agree that an M3/cabrio in black looks so cool...:p(with the 19s of course)

euan
16th April 2004, 12:30 AM
I keep changing mine with recent house moves etc, was about 700 I think with Esure (28, 5 years, etc). Was about 150 less when I lived in Edinburgh though!

And the silver thing - well, there are 4 silver cars parked across from me every night...Not saying that everyone gets silver cars these days or anything. Black M3 round the corner from me looks soooo nice (but the 911 turbo 3 cars up looks even nicer)

Linda M
16th April 2004, 01:33 AM
Sound's good to me Alan but then you're an old man ;):p:D:clown::kiss:

Gismo
16th April 2004, 03:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by Linda M
Sound's good to me Alan but then you're an old man ;):p:D:clown::kiss:Well said the birthday girl :evil:
As for JC's, i went round on the way home from work, they have at least 3 silver M3's and one absolutely stunning black M3 with the mandatory 19"s, hmm, what could i get for Julz's compact :p

Gismo
16th April 2004, 05:49 PM
What a result, as per normal nobody at the insurers were really taking a note of my ramblings about the increase in BHP and just stated a 25 per cent increase in premium, so, when i went to actually pay for it it turns out only a 10 per cent loading is required.

So, big thumbs up for hill house hammond, £576.88 total including all mods :cool::D

ascender
18th April 2004, 09:45 PM
£559 including Hartge mods and that's from Elephant. Before that, Liverpool and Victoria were the best option. Elephant initially wanted another £150 or so on top of that but changed their mind when I said I wanted to cancel my policy :D

Burple
19th April 2004, 03:48 AM
Hey BS!!!
you know they've got 2 (yes TWO!) M3 CSLs in John Clarks just now???? ;);):cool::D

Gismo
19th April 2004, 05:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

Hey BS!!!
you know they've got 2 (yes TWO!) M3 CSLs in John Clarks just now???? ;);):cool::DErm yes :p was in there on saturday on the way down to the mini2 run, they are lovely
Anyone else consider it a treat to walk round a BMW garage :p:p

Tahra
19th April 2004, 08:15 PM
Alan, has the excess's come down yet ? We're about £500 ( cant remember exactly) with the AA but I think the (compulsory)excess is about the same. I was told at the time it was as the model was new and it should come down as there were more of them on the road. Judging by how many we pass every day ( and they never wave - at least not in Edinburgh) the S is "quite" popular these days.

Julz
19th April 2004, 08:52 PM
Count yourself lucky, I'm still on young drivers excess of £750!!:eek:

Fontal
19th April 2004, 08:55 PM
I used to have a £1000 excess when I got the MINI but I think it's down to £250 now

Tahra
19th April 2004, 09:33 PM

Count yourself lucky, I'm still on young drivers excess of £750!!:eek:

Ow !! What hurts with ours is that it was only £200 with the Coop, my advanced age must have cancelled out J to a certain extent....

Gismo
20th April 2004, 05:34 AM
I'm £200 for my excess :)

macblob
20th April 2004, 06:34 AM
Im only 150 excess on my cooper and thats cause of my 3 points and induction kit.

Was only 50 quid before that, and that was before i was 30 even, 500 sounds well steep

GAJ
20th April 2004, 04:38 PM
I've got a £100 excess! That's with 3 points and induction kit too! Although the induction kit is not even fitted!