PDA

View Full Version : Forum Skin

Gismo
11th January 2009, 05:25 AM
Whilst trying, so far unsuccessfully to locate the exact purple colour match of the navbars etc :blush: i wondered if folks were maybe keen to see a new fresher looking forum?

There are a few, me included, who post on other forums and i wondered if anything caught the eye, ie, colour schemes etc.
I know NMS is well known for the white, purple and grey scale and i'm happy to maintain that, but, i can look at changing the look and feel if the masses think it may brighten up the place a wee bit.

So, i've added a wee poll, if folks want an extra item to vote on let me know :thumbs up:

For example see these forums:-

My bike site (http://www.taysidebikers.co.uk/forums/index.php)

The Dogfather's site (http://www.forums.northernmini.co.uk/)

The Mini Clan's site (http://www.miniclan.com/forum/index.php)

stoney
11th January 2009, 11:18 AM
change it time for an up date not botherd to what tho as long as not green ;) :thumbs up:

GCA3N
11th January 2009, 12:22 PM
Had a look around and to be honest the site looks good.:thumbs up: I don't think most folk's would bother, it would be change for changes sake. The site has a nice feel about it already.;) If you do decide however to change, NO GREEN please!:hand::frown:. A red white and blue theme however would look really dapper:clap:

Gismo
11th January 2009, 12:27 PM
To those who say don't change, is the current purple ok?

MINI William
11th January 2009, 01:46 PM
Fourm looks great as it is but it wouldent bother me if it changed.I think on the main fourm page Commercial sponcers ,Newmini scotland fourms needs to be changed back to purple :smilewinkgrin:

MINI William
11th January 2009, 01:47 PM
To those who say don't change, is the current purple ok?

I think the new purple is far better :thumbs up:

Gismo
11th January 2009, 01:53 PM
Fourm looks great as it is but it wouldent bother me if it changed.I think on the main fourm page Commercial sponcers ,Newmini scotland fourms needs to be changed back to purple :smilewinkgrin:Like so :computer:

Burple
11th January 2009, 02:12 PM
Looking good the way it is! It's a good mix of colours, and easy on the eye! :cool::thumbs up:

p.s.. I had to read that thread title twice ;);) lol

Smitty
11th January 2009, 02:25 PM
Personally I feel it needs an update.

It's very user friendly so I wouldn't go messing about with the layout but just looks a bit dated I feel. The Mini Clans website has a much more modern feel about it.

Gismo
11th January 2009, 02:46 PM
p.s.. I had to read that thread title twice ;);) lolThought you'd appreciate it :D

MINI William
11th January 2009, 04:25 PM
Like so :computer:

:thumbs up: Spot on

Colin
11th January 2009, 09:09 PM
Like it the way it is. :thumbs up:
The sites with white backgrounds give me sore eyes too bright.:cool:

euan
11th January 2009, 09:22 PM
Not that I do...but a white background would be easier to look at while at work ;-)

MrMischief
11th January 2009, 10:44 PM
p.s.. I had to read that thread title twice ;);) lol

Me too :eek::hand:

The forum looks good the way it is, although the Mini Clan site's bars are nice with the way they fade, so if you really have to change something for 2009, put a little fade in :thumbs up:

Hamish
11th January 2009, 11:31 PM
i think it looks good, happy as it is, if u are changing it i'd vote for green n white hoops! hehe

The Dogfather
11th January 2009, 11:41 PM
Alan, I voted against the change but I think there's a little bit that could be done to make the existing colour scheme a bit easier on the eye.

audrey
11th January 2009, 11:54 PM
Looks fine to me why change it :frown:

Gismo
12th January 2009, 03:52 AM
Alan, I voted against the change but I think there's a little bit that could be done to make the existing colour scheme a bit easier on the eye.Let me know what it is

Looks fine to me why change it :frown:I was only asking the question, if the poll shows no change, then it'll stay the same

Crombers
12th January 2009, 08:02 AM
i think it looks good, happy as it is, if u are changing it i'd vote for green n white hoops! hehe

Y'know I was just thinking the very same thing myself :hand:

Gismo
17th January 2009, 10:44 AM
Well the masses so far have advised no change :computer:
I couldn't resist just a wee tweak to make the black a bit blacker :Whistle:

Craig
17th January 2009, 12:12 PM
yeah I did notice that this morning.... and also a wee change to the forum header... Not bad at all.. :thumbs up:

The Dogfather
17th January 2009, 01:59 PM
Alan

I would make the thin line surrounding the posts thicker and change it to white or very light grey.

Gismo
18th January 2009, 03:51 AM
Alan

I would make the thin line surrounding the posts thicker and change it to white or very light grey.I'll have a look into that :thumbs up: