PDA

View Full Version : Snow Foam

marc_v33
9th January 2009, 04:06 PM
just bought the HD foam lance and snow foam off of cleanyourcar.co.uk and it is the best purchase i have made in a long while!!! no effort required in washing the car with the snow foam!! as for the website i bought it from the service was outstanding!!! will get some pics up in the next couple of days!!

GP BILLY
16th January 2009, 09:30 AM
Always found Tim at CYC very helpfull if you are unsure of anything
to do with carcare (wax-polish-glazes, and so on) :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Craig
16th January 2009, 11:30 AM
thats who I got mine from and they are currently replacing it...:frown: Not their fault I suppose, just bad luck. Tim was very helpful and couldn't do enough to help a reassure. :thumbs up:

Stewart
16th January 2009, 01:50 PM
Got my HD Lance the other week from Tim, first class service as always ordering it midday Saturday arriving on the Tuesday. I’m thinking of buying the
Bilt-Hamber Auto foam to add to my Ultimate Foam to add more cleaning power…Seemingly its amazing at shifting the traffic film that my current foam leaves behind.

I would show you my White Mini when it’s snowed but the neighbours think I’m mad enough without taking pictures…………..The one thing the Hd lance does do is look impressive, its like saying I’m cleaning my car and I’m not fecking about!!!!!!

Craig
16th January 2009, 01:55 PM
can't really comment as I haven't had a chance to use my properly. Got the PH Neutral Snow Foam so it doesn't strip the wax. :thumbs up:

Stewart
16th January 2009, 02:42 PM
Be interested on your thought on the VP stuff, it’s the traffic film that is left after the foam is rinsed I’m interested in. One of the lads on DW used Citrus stuff mixed with his snow foam and worked very well…………. http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=99898

This is the stuff I'm using http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/Store/Product/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=411

marc_v33
16th January 2009, 04:38 PM
i think its the best thing since sliced bread.... only problem is cant get the attachment (brass) to fit properly.... is there anything you can do to the brass fitting to help it fit better?

Craig
16th January 2009, 05:08 PM
I did find my lance very difficult to fit, although Andy says his fitted much easier. I did find that if you place it into the lance, then point it into the ground and push down then turn, this seemed to work for me.. :yes nod:

Scottie
16th January 2009, 06:21 PM
Bought mine from dave at carwashnwax. Fits like a glove. Currently
Using Citrus foam dilute 1part to 100 so as not remove the wax. Works
Well and topped up when drying with some cg detailer as a drying aid

marc_v33
16th January 2009, 06:52 PM
the first time i used it, it went in fine but now it just refuses to turn even wen pushing it down on the ground! i heard somewhere u can file the edges and put some grease on it but not sure, has anyone heard of this before?

Stewart
16th January 2009, 07:22 PM
Have to say my lance fitted my Mac like a charm and I was worried about the fitment as its an old B&Q PW but it’s the Bosh fitment and seems ok…..had it off and on a few times switching between HD lance and the one that I use to rinse with.

ny152
17th January 2009, 01:14 AM
Anybody know a supplier in the Glasgow area who sells snow foam?

Stewart
17th January 2009, 01:52 AM
Anybody know a supplier in the Glasgow area who sells snow foam?
Carwash&wax is in Glasgow..David just out cambuslang. trick is getting him at his unit!

http://www.carwashnwax.com/

:thumbs up:

But for free postage (its out of stock just now but in later this week)
http://www.glossmax.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_72&products_id=319&zenid=dca0ca84a60f937ac8da104627d87338
THis stuff seems the best out just now......

marc_v33
17th January 2009, 01:30 PM
where abouts in cambuslang?? thats where im from! if it helped anybody id be more than happy to pick something up for them and meet them with it

AndyP & Lenore
17th January 2009, 01:52 PM
i think its the best thing since sliced bread.... only problem is cant get the attachment (brass) to fit properly.... is there anything you can do to the brass fitting to help it fit better?

I did find my lance very difficult to fit, although Andy says his fitted much easier. I did find that if you place it into the lance, then point it into the ground and push down then turn, this seemed to work for me.. :yes nod:

Used mine again yesterday our both the MINI's. My lance seems to fit in the handle no problems at all. It can be a tiny bit sticky at times, but for the most part, I just push in, rotate and it is held in place. No need for me to push onto the ground.

A wee word of caution, if you do have to push the lance head onto the ground to get leverage to get the head attached, be careful you don't damage the two blades inside the head. Make sure it's a flat surface.:thumbs up:

A.

Stewart
17th January 2009, 02:36 PM
where abouts in cambuslang?? thats where im from! if it helped anybody id be more than happy to pick something up for them and meet them with it

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=G44+5BG&countryCode=GB#map=55.81033,-4.13568|18|32&bd=useful_information&loc=GB:55.81068:-4.13618:18|G44%205BG|

Hope this works....it's on Hamilton road....

Stewart
28th January 2009, 01:43 AM
http://www.glossmax.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=12

Best snow foam and £14 delivered:thumbs up:

The Bull
28th January 2009, 03:08 PM
Any power washer recommendations? Cheap ones preffered. :smilewinkgrin:

Stewart
28th January 2009, 11:44 PM
My PW is just a cheap B&Q effort, a Mac Washer and has done me proud over the last few years, I had to wait till the HD lance came out with all its fittings you can now get before I could snow foam right………….110Bar 360L/PH:thumbs up:

Scottie
31st January 2009, 07:31 PM
had great fun today doing my mini with the lance added some Megs HW to my CG cb and man o man did it foam oh yes it was like a bed of snow.:thumbs up:

N12 JLK
31st January 2009, 09:41 PM
I would love a foam lance, I have a Kew washer at the moment.

Craig
31st January 2009, 09:45 PM
still can't get mine to work properly so think I may have to invest in another power washer...:frown: I think mine isn't producing enough power...:rolleyes:

Scottie
31st January 2009, 09:47 PM
still can't get mine to work properly so think I may have to invest in another power washer...:frown: I think mine isn't producing enough power...:rolleyes:

do you want me to bring mine over to see how it preforms we have the same fitment. I've got time tomorrow??

Craig
31st January 2009, 09:49 PM
do you want me to bring mine over to see how it preforms we have the same fitment. I've got time tomorrow??

that would be good Fi.... if you bring your washer, I can then test it with mine, that way I can prove if it is the washer or not ? that make sense :confused:

N12 JLK
31st January 2009, 09:50 PM
that would be good Fi.... if you bring your washer, I can then test it with mine, that way I can prove if it is the washer or not ? that make sense :confused:

What make of washer do you have Craig?

Scottie
31st January 2009, 09:53 PM

ok do you have a tiny paint brush by chance you know like the type you would use on model car or something, need to touch up a bit of my plastidip that Allan rubbed off.:frown:

I will text you in the morning.

I'll bring the two washers if they both workok you can keep my wee one until you get a decent one.

Do you want me to bring some megs hyper wash so we can have some fun??

AndyP & Lenore
31st January 2009, 09:53 PM

Not had a chance to call you about this yet, but, had a similar problem with mine on Friday. It wasn't spewing out the valve, but if I had the knob turned to max it started spraying just water, if I turned it back half a turn it went back to foam, but nothing like as think and creamy.

Gonna give it another go this week, cos one of the MINI's is bound to be dirty by the end of the week.

A.

Scottie
31st January 2009, 09:55 PM
remember folks the + and - relates to + for more water - for less water so you should have it towards - that way you get more foam. If you all know this then sorry for stating the obvious.:blush:

Craig
31st January 2009, 10:12 PM
What make of washer do you have Craig?

karcher..

Craig
31st January 2009, 10:13 PM
ok do you have a tiny paint brush by chance you know like the type you would use on model car or something, need to touch up a bit of my plastidip that Allan rubbed off.:frown:

I will text you in the morning.

I'll bring the two washers if they both workok you can keep my wee one until you get a decent one.

Do you want me to bring some megs hyper wash so we can have some fun??

not sure if I have a brush, but my next door neighbour is a painter, so I can borrow one from him... ;)

I have some snow foam (Valet Pro PH Neutral stuff) but bring that along anyway. ;)

Thanks Fi - dinnae text too early tho, cos you won't get an answer.. Anytime after 10 :yes nod::yes nod:

Scottie
31st January 2009, 10:16 PM
not sure if I have a brush, but my next door neighbour is a painter, so I can borrow one from him... ;)

I have some snow foam (Valet Pro PH Neutral stuff) but bring that along anyway. ;)

Thanks Fi - dinnae text too early tho, cos you won't get an answer.. Anytime after 10 :yes nod::yes nod:

what I'm up out and walking the dogs @ 7.50am:yes nod: but I'll let you have your beauty sleep.;);):thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
31st January 2009, 10:56 PM
but I'll let you have your beauty sleep.;);):thumbs up:

He needs it.:moonie:

A.:D

AndyP & Lenore
31st January 2009, 10:57 PM
remember folks the + and - relates to + for more water - for less water so you should have it towards - that way you get more foam. If you all know this then sorry for stating the obvious.:blush:

Not how mine works Fi. The more I turn it to - it comes out pure water.:frown:

A.

Scottie
31st January 2009, 11:18 PM
I thought you guys had the autobrite foam lance.:confused: reading DW it seems they are all different even some AB are + and others are -.

Craig
1st February 2009, 11:30 AM
nope, I have a CYC lance... don't think there is any huge difference. :smilewinkgrin:

anyway, you can come over anytime you want. :thumbs up: Sent you a text, but you never reply to them anyway :rolleyes:

Scottie
1st February 2009, 11:42 AM
just having some tea and toast then I'll be over.

Craig
1st February 2009, 02:27 PM
thanks for your help today Fiona and Allan. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

at least I now know that I need a new pressure washer... :argh::rolleyes:

nice bit of kit that pressure washer. :cool: and the car was looking :cool::cool: too ;)