PDA

View Full Version : Recent Software Upgrade

Gismo
9th January 2009, 02:05 PM
Ok folks, i performed a significant vBulletin software upgrade today, sorry to the folk i kicked out of the forums :blush:

It appeared to go ok, though i think the colours have changed, i can't tell from my crappy works laptop.

If anyone notices any problems let me know :thumbs up:

For the clever folks you'll see the new navbar layout

Big Gordy
9th January 2009, 02:11 PM
I thought something was different:eek: the colours more blue than purple now:thumbs up:

The Dogfather
9th January 2009, 03:12 PM
Alan, I'm thinking of doing this this weekend. Was it easy???

Gismo
9th January 2009, 03:29 PM
Alan, I'm thinking of doing this this weekend. Was it easy???Piece of cake :computer:
Though it is a full upgrade, not just a few files, took me 15 mins, including backing up the database.
You might have to revert some of your templates, so, be aware, i lost my colours, which i'll fix tomorow, also, if you have non vBulletin add ons you'll probably have issues with them.

This release of vBulletin also allows for google adsense to be added to make you money by having ads on your site, i didn't install it here.

The Dogfather
9th January 2009, 04:39 PM
I won't be having the ads either, probably have a go on Saturday night. I think the only non vbulletin add on is the All Albums link but that's replaced by the new functionality.

john
9th January 2009, 04:56 PM
Ok folks, i performed a significant vBulletin software upgrade today, sorry to the folk i kicked out of the forums :blush:

It appeared to go ok, though i think the colours have changed, i can't tell from my crappy works laptop.

If anyone notices any problems let me know :thumbs up:

For the clever folks you'll see the new navbar layout

I got kicked out:rolleyes:

I'm Colour blind :clap:so it looks the same to me.

And as for the new layout I must just not be clever:frown:

Crombers
9th January 2009, 07:21 PM
Green woulda been cool :Whistle:

Gismo
10th January 2009, 03:43 AM
Green woulda been cool :Whistle:Until hell freezes over that'll never happen :moonie:

The Dogfather
10th January 2009, 04:40 PM
Managed to upgrade NM, made a hash of uploading the new files but got there in the end.

Colin
10th January 2009, 11:12 PM
It's still VERY blue :Whistle:

Gismo
11th January 2009, 03:34 AM
It's still VERY blue :Whistle:I know :blush: it'll be fixed today :thumbs up:

Edit: Hmm, i can't find the correct code for the purple shade that has been used, however, what would folks think to a new fresher looking colour (skin)?
I'll set up a wee poll

Gismo
11th January 2009, 05:40 AM
One thing to note, since the upgrade the social groups have a picture of a question mark on them, for the creators of their social group you can easily add a picture to the group :thumbs up:

Crombers
12th January 2009, 09:15 AM
Until hell freezes over that'll never happen :moonie:

:Whistle: just a thought ;bigwave: