PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawl symptoms

Gaz B
7th January 2009, 09:18 PM
Hi folks,
Happy new year to everybody.

Just a quick wee post to say how much I miss my mini and everything about it, even all of the wee niggly faults.:eek: This site as well, it bacame second nature to me to log on everytime I was on the net!:rolleyes:
Looking back it kinda broke my heart breaking the car down to standard to trade it in, and while it went to a good owner (never even made to forecourt) It should still have been left together.And he paid for it as standard from the garage for what I was selling it for with the extras :argh:
So a wee word of warning. If you are going to get rid of your mini, think about it, then think about it......then think about it again.
I feel like an old man in my merc:blush:
I'm going for a beer:beer:

One thing I can safely say tho is that I will defo have another cooper s, and sooner rather than later....................

The Dogfather
7th January 2009, 09:22 PM
Well said that man, so many of us have gone away from MINIs only to return. Sites like this are just part of the chemical formula that makes MINI addictive.

Craig
7th January 2009, 10:15 PM
Gaz, I feel yer pain, but this should be a lesson for you not to get rid of it next time... ;):thumbs up:

by the way - driving the MINi every day is great... :moonie::yes nod::Whistle:

GCA3N
7th January 2009, 11:24 PM
Amen......Did it once will never do it again. Got to say I am mini daft. There is something very special about this wee car and it's owners. Have done so much to my wee cooper now.And plan to do more.... will post some new pics in the next couple of days

Gismo
8th January 2009, 04:05 AM
See ya back soon then :thumbs up:

Crombers
8th January 2009, 08:26 AM
So a wee word of warning. If you are going to get rid of your mini, think about it, then think about it......then think about it again.

A wise man speaketh ;) :thumbs up:

ianking
8th January 2009, 09:45 AM
Yeah Ive stepped away from S ownership (still have my R50) but really starting to think about another S. Just have to see how much I can get for my 130i as it will have fallen so much in price.

camjay
8th January 2009, 10:16 AM
Hiya. Yep feeling your pain too - I had to get rid of my R50 when child no 2 came along. Got a Mazda 3 to accomodate prams etc, but felt insanely jealous everytime I saw a Mini on the road! However, kids grow up, don't need prams etc so I'm back with my mini again! :thumbs up: I'll be honest and say I'd have my R50 in preference to this new one, but I still love it!

The Dogfather
8th January 2009, 10:40 AM
I'm trying to swap the Civic for a MINI but the used values have taken such a nose dive :(

Ivano
8th January 2009, 02:28 PM
Ahhh Withdrawal Symptons.... yep had these also after i stepped away from MINIs a couple of years ago into a Mazda MX5 (Ok let the Hairdresser's car slagging begin - Dogfather i know the grief you got) but soon couldn't go on anymore without the MINI and traded the Mazda back in for my current MINI which i have had for over 2 years now.... :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Gaz B
8th January 2009, 08:31 PM
Glad to hear I'm not alone guys.:thumbs up: Might start a lonely hearts club!:smilewinkgrin:
Given that we are trying for a family just now I suppose I can just about justify not having a mini for the time being but as soon as I can get my bum :moonie: back in a mini I will.:cool:

Pepper white with the aero kit next me thinks..............:Whistle:

GCA3N
8th January 2009, 11:18 PM
Did you like the mazda, i used to have one, loved it, fantastic car. To be honest though don't think the slagging (for the hairdresser car) was as bad until i got the mini. I get pelters most of the time for driving it. Do i care , no,:frown: they are just jealous because they drive boring fart cars.:yawn:

Ivano
9th January 2009, 09:44 AM
Did you like the mazda, i used to have one, loved it, fantastic car. To be honest though don't think the slagging (for the hairdresser car) was as bad until i got the mini. I get pelters most of the time for driving it. Do i care , no,:frown: they are just jealous because they drive boring fart cars.:yawn:

I loved the Mazda MX5 and did several wee things to it, such as Induction Kit, Sports Exhaust System, and Eibach Lowered Springs complimented the standard Bilstein Shocks. It handled brilliant and the stance achieved looked superb....

But the MINI won over in the end :thumbs up: