PDA

View Full Version : Email client

AndyP & Lenore
5th January 2009, 06:55 PM
What email client do you use?

I'm using Outlook Express at home at the moment. It was fine when I just had one email addy, but now I've got 4 on the go, it's pretty useless.:frown:

A.:D

Scottie
5th January 2009, 07:11 PM
I use mac mail / mobile me.

My others two are just through internet.

However all three work brilliant on my iphone and I read my mail via the phone most times as it's so easy to use if you have more than one mail account.:thumbs up:

Gismo
5th January 2009, 07:21 PM
I use Office 2007 Pro which has Outlook (not express)
I run 4 accounts from it including the NMS ones and my bike site one.

Admittedly, i cannot send from those account through outlook, but, i just use the web based method if i need to do that.

What problem are you having?

euan
5th January 2009, 07:37 PM
I use Thunderbird to manage my accounts.

I use 3 email accounts, and they are all in there. I think you can choose to see them in one list or as separate accounts, though I prefer to see them as separate accounts so never played with it that way.

And it's free ;-)

euan
5th January 2009, 07:38 PM
Oh, and I've set it to leave all the mail on the servers, that way I can access it all on my mobile as well so when I've not got my laptop I can check my mail (like Christmas for example).

Craig
5th January 2009, 07:50 PM
I use Office 2007 Pro (With Outlook) and it works great.

I have used Thunderbird before, great for imap accounts. :thumbs up:

either would do the job for you, but you are right express is crap....:frown:

AndyP & Lenore
5th January 2009, 09:56 PM
Cheers for the responses.

To answer Alan's question... At the end of each year, I like to tidy up the inbox and sent items. So I move all the emails in my inbox into an inbox called "Inbox 2008". Also, I move all the sent items into a mailbox called "Sent items 2008". However, in this new "sent items" mailbox the columns change to "From" instead of "To". So, whenever I look through this "archived" mailbox I can't see who my emails were sent to. Maybe I just don't have OE set up correctly, but I would still prefer a better mail client. Don't have Office Pro, so I'll have a wee look at Thunderbird.

A.

Ferengo
6th January 2009, 01:00 AM
I don't use one. Web based all the way for me, that way where ever I am I can access any mail.