PDA

View Full Version : Accident

Sheilz
4th January 2009, 08:23 PM
Appalling accident beside Inverness today in which the driver was killed and his passenger now in Raigmore. They were in a pepper white cooper though it could have been an S or one. Too crumpled at the front to tell.
I do so hope it wasn't anyone on here. preferable if it hadn't happened at all. I dont think the car had fancy graphics and had black seats with red trim. A sore sore heart for some people tonight.

Scottie
4th January 2009, 08:29 PM
where abouts was it??

Rangers was playing up at ICT ground today could have been someone heading to/from the game.

Hate to here this.:sad: I remember seeing a Mini w/o while at Inverness used to chum the car down over the bridge most days.

ianking
4th January 2009, 08:42 PM
What road was this on.

Sheilz
4th January 2009, 09:00 PM
I'm sorry I dont know, I just saw it in the news and only took notice when I spotted it was a mini. Glad you just checked in Fee - your pw being the reason I mentioned no fancy graphics - that I could see anyway.

leighj
4th January 2009, 11:01 PM
yeah i seen it as well
such ashame, hope the other person is ok

Smitty
4th January 2009, 11:20 PM
BBC News Link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/7810362.stm)

There is a few PW MINI owners on here from the Aberdeen area, I do hope it's none of them :sad:

Do you know if it was a 1st or 2nd Gen MINI Sheilz?

Sheilz
4th January 2009, 11:32 PM
I've a feeling it was a 2nd gen though cant be sure. Head lamps were different from specy's so was either zenon or 2nd gen.

should add I'm pretty sure had the same wheels as John's new motor.

Scottie
4th January 2009, 11:45 PM
I travelled that road every day. Sounds like it happened at the first bend just along from the Tore roundabout. If so, that's the second victim in the last 6 years that corner has taken and at the same time of year can be bad for ice or might have been a Deer I missed a few on that bit of the road and hit one it has a wood on the RHS.

MrMischief
4th January 2009, 11:46 PM
That's terrible, hope it wasn't anyone on here. Thoughts to the family :sad:

The STV Link (http://news.stv.tv/scotland/68016-man-dies-in-a-road-crash-in-the-highlands/) has an interview & a pic of the mini.

Scottie
4th January 2009, 11:49 PM
That's terrible, hope it wasn't anyone on here. Thoughts to the family :sad:

The STV Link (http://news.stv.tv/scotland/68016-man-dies-in-a-road-crash-in-the-highlands/) has an interview & a pic of the mini.

yip that's the corner. Very sad.

Scottie
4th January 2009, 11:53 PM
looks to me like the older version mini and not the R56.

Sheilz
4th January 2009, 11:53 PM
Car was down in the verge bonnet towards the road and was indeed surrounded by trees. Guess its very easy to forget from the warmth of the car that outside it may be freexing. Brief report didnt mention any cause of the accident.

Smitty
5th January 2009, 12:06 AM
looks to me like the older version mini and not the R56.

Yeah - i'd 2nd that, but just going by the Bullet alloys and the general shape.

I just phoned my friend, as her cousin has a PW R56 but thankfully wasn't her.

That doesn't help the family of victim though :frown:

ianking
5th January 2009, 09:34 AM
Yeah its a 1st gen due to the A panel plastics being a 2 piece set up with the bonnet plastics.
Hope it wasnt anyone on here and hope the passenger pulls through