PDA

View Full Version : New Year Resolutions

Gismo
2nd January 2009, 07:39 PM
Ok, a bit of fun, but, anyone want to really go for a new year resolution and stick to it, you can post up you're progress here.

If there's enough interest and banter :D i'll sticky the thread and we can cheer on you're progress

Craig
2nd January 2009, 11:11 PM
Well, I do have a new years resolution of sorts, but it's more to do with my health than anything.. :rolleyes:

I am going to try and lose weight, by getting more exercise, eating a bit more healthier and cutting down on the T :frown:

This is slightly harder at the moment as I seem to have a chest/lung problem that means I cough myself to nearly being sick when doing any exercise, but hopefully the doc will get to the bottom of it (waiting on a hosp appt as we speak - only 18 weeks wait. :argh:)

however I have arranged to join a golf club this year, so even the walking will be a start :thumbs up:

I'll let you all know how it goes.. :cool:

john
2nd January 2009, 11:43 PM
Best of luck Craig, you could caddy for me and shed loads of weight wandering in the rough.

Scottie
3rd January 2009, 12:44 AM
Not to buy any more cars this year.:Whistle:

Sheilz
3rd January 2009, 12:58 AM
I've got to lose weight too and get more exercise for reasons of health and vanity. Dont want to be buying a frock for my son's wedding from the tent shop and because of my work I really do spend too much time sitting on my butt either at a desk or behing specy's wheel. Should also decide to stop smoking but I know for a fact that I wont so no point pretending otherwise.
If I dont lose some weight will be given honorary membership of the roly poly club.

N12 JLK
3rd January 2009, 01:24 AM
I got a text from one of my friends

"this year why not make a resolution you will stick to. Drink 10 pints a day, up the fags to 40 a day and don't do any exercise."

I am going for it, apart from the fags. Hate them.

MrMischief
3rd January 2009, 01:40 AM
This is slightly harder at the moment as I seem to have a chest/lung problem that means I cough myself to nearly being sick when doing any exercise, but hopefully the doc will get to the bottom of it (waiting on a hosp appt as we speak - only 18 weeks wait. :argh:)

Any problems with your cardiac sphincter? If it's not sealing properly, when you jump about doing exercise the contents of your stomach and/or acid/enzymes may irritate your oesophagus causing you to cough & choke.

Do you get bad acid reflux?

Sheilz
3rd January 2009, 03:10 AM
Any problems with your cardiac sphincter? If it's not sealing properly, when you jump about doing exercise the contents of your stomach and/or acid/enzymes may irritate your oesophagus causing you to cough & choke.

Do you not mean the oesaphageal sphincter (lower)? In babies its usually the pyloric sphincter that causes reflux and projectile vomiting even though it is at the base of the stomach rather than at the top. Getting confused with the cardiac notch?

Ferengo
3rd January 2009, 11:18 AM
I have a few. First is to get a new job, just feel as though I could do more. I work for a company as an in house Graphic Designer and you have to work for your bosses who never agree and you're always wrong. I used to work for a comapny where I designer for their clients which is better as your boss is only the go between and has no input, but the pay wasn't great.

Second is to lose a bit of weight. I have put on 2 stone in the last 2 years so I need to work that off. I took up ice hockey recently (a life long dream, but bambi on ice comes to mind) and I have gotten a bit fitter and my legs have muscled up, just need to work on my torso now :rolleyes:.

Third is to get my flat sold and get a house. In the process of making it look nicer but with the way things are with the housing market that may just be left to chance.

Fourth is to start a new band. I have just bought the bass of my dreams and can't justify paying as much as I did and not using it.

Five, to use less claymores :D.

Six, to go on more runs

camjay
3rd January 2009, 12:31 PM
Lose more weight! I lost 4 stones last year but have been terrible over xmas and new year (I blame Baileys)! I was doing loads of exercise too but since it got dark at night I can't be bothered. So, I've ordered Ministry of Sound Aeroburn and am waiting for it to arrive any day now from Amazon! :thumbs up:

PS Its really strange, cos my husband keeps asking if the DVD's arrived yet! Wonder if its got anything to do with the dolly birds, scantily dressed in the background!;)

Craig
3rd January 2009, 01:13 PM

Do you not mean the oesaphageal sphincter (lower)? In babies its usually the pyloric sphincter that causes reflux and projectile vomiting even though it is at the base of the stomach rather than at the top. Getting confused with the cardiac notch?

nae idea, but someone did mention to me it could be to do with acidic things in my stomach... anyway hoping the doc gets it sorted soon as I really do miss the five a side... :frown: Even cleaning the cars makes me cough... :argh:

Scottie
3rd January 2009, 02:18 PM
nae idea, but someone did mention to me it could be to do with acidic things in my stomach... anyway hoping the doc gets it sorted soon as I really do miss the five a side... :frown: Even cleaning the cars makes me cough... :argh:

Sounds like a hiatal hernia to me but I'm no doctor.

camjay
3rd January 2009, 07:47 PM
Hiya. I'm no doctor either, but am a nurse. The coughing and spluttering does sound more to do with chest and lungs, but Scottie's right, it could be a hiatus hernia! Do you get bad heartburn or a dull pain in you stomach (especially at night)? Its nothing to worry about - your doc can give you some medicine to help the symptoms. The bad news is - and I'm telling you something you probably know already, but the "good stuff" :beer: spicy foods and smoking makes your symptoms much worse (unfortunately)!

Craig
3rd January 2009, 09:02 PM
Sorry for the :off topic: here folks, I should have started a "Craig's Ailments" thread... ;)

I will let you know how I get on, but trying to lose a stone in weight first, but the ultimate goal is 4 stone, but that could take years... :thud::Whistle:

john
18th November 2009, 08:26 PM
So Craig how did you get on?

Craig
18th November 2009, 09:19 PM
well, if you stopped in about July I lost 2 and a half stone. :clap::clap:

however over the last few months, things took a turn for the worse... Due to several things (Jude's mum, working strange shifts, the darker nights etc) has meant high stress, which means I have a few more :beer: to chill out, also with less time on my hands, it's been hard to exercise etc so I have prob put on about 1 stone. :rolleyes: Still I should still be happy that considering the year I have had, I am lighter now than in Jan :lol:

Going to get "back on the horse" so to speak and try again... :yes nod: