PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please

Sheilz
2nd January 2009, 05:50 PM
Hi guys,
Am trying to do some forward financial planning for the year and in turning to specy's needs am aware that he's only about six thousand short of 150,000. On past performance I guess it wont take him too long to cover the gap so am wondering if there is anything over and above the usual maintenance stuff that I should be thinking of replacing to ensure his good health?
I think I asked a similar thing when he was touching the 100K :blush:

Gismo
2nd January 2009, 05:59 PM
Sheilz, as long as you are sticking to the scheduled servicing i think you're doing ok, but............knowing wee speccy is outta warranty consider this.........without replacing the obviously expensive items like the pollen filters do the big service every time you take your car in.
Defo change the oil every 5k or so
Get them to check everything they wouldn't normally do, exhaust condition, hangers and the rubbers :blush:
All engine bay hoses, flush the coolant if it's not been done within the past 50k and the brake fluid too.
Engine mounts and the bushes for play.
Get them to physically check the tightness of all visual nuts and bolts under the car.
Above all, a pre MOT check, although costly, often highlights attention areas.

You've already done the tyres, consider tyre rotation, may not work due to the wear on the front compared to the back.

Basically, be very intense with the checks :thumbs up:

Sheilz
3rd January 2009, 12:43 AM
Thanks Alan. Replaced the exhaust last year and wearing nice new shoes bought in November so all that kind of stuff in good nick. Pollen filters? Would they be the vents on the bonnet?

ianking
3rd January 2009, 05:16 PM
Pollen filter is located under the glove box and filters the air that comes out the vents. I think the pollen filter might only be present in cars with A/C.

Sheilz
3rd January 2009, 08:09 PM
Agh! I see said the blind man! Specy's just got manual ac so I guess that excludes that one. As long as there isn't any under bonnet components that should be changed/renewed because they/it will have reached the end of normal life and if they/it breaks it will mean specy will be dead.