PDA

View Full Version : Back in the racing seat, plenty Carbon here.

john
31st December 2008, 12:38 PM
This is not what you were expecting :hand:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/dycecooper/DSC01372.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/dycecooper/DSC01373.jpg

Ivano
31st December 2008, 01:49 PM
Very nice Racing Bike....:thumbs up:

I always love watching a bit of cycling on the TV during the Summer months, Tour De France, Giro d'Italia and La Veulta etc.... :thumbs up:

Craig
31st December 2008, 01:59 PM
trying to keep fit as you get old john ? :thumbs up:

looks like it's been on it's side by the look of that crank....:thud::Whistle:

john
31st December 2008, 05:11 PM
trying to keep fit as you get old john ? :thumbs up:

looks like it's been on it's side by the look of that crank....:thud::Whistle:

You must be going blind in your old age then, its just the effect of the Carbon with the flash of the camera.;)

MrMischief
31st December 2008, 05:21 PM
Looks :cool:

I could've done with a shot of it on the 27th - did a sponsored cycle race (2nd year running) for Freuchie Cricket Club - 36 miles with 4 riders per team. We came 4th this year, although the girls team are placed 4th in the official results, for some obscure reason, even though they never completed the race :confused:

Great way to blow away the cobwebs, and clear out the lungs :thud::thumbs up:

Gismo
31st December 2008, 05:37 PM
Cracking looking bike :thumbs up:

Crombers
31st December 2008, 05:40 PM
0 - 60 ? :smilewinkgrin:

john
31st December 2008, 06:15 PM
0 - 60 ? :smilewinkgrin:

This street does not go to number 60:D

I did 47 miles yesterday and it was so cold my drink froze up.
it was -4 at Ballater.

Smitty
31st December 2008, 07:09 PM
Very nice bike John - do you do a lot of cycling?

I did 47 miles yesterday and it was so cold my drink froze up.
it was -4 at Ballater.

I can vouch for that - was out on my mountain bike yesterday for 20mile loop and it was baltic. It wasn't the air temperature - was the blasted wind chill, hence the faster you went the colder it got. Really need to get winter over shoes and gloves! :idea:

My camel back even froze up - it's only ever done that in the French Alps in the depths of Winter!!:eek:

john
31st December 2008, 08:47 PM
Very nice bike John - do you do a lot of cycling?

I can vouch for that - was out on my mountain bike yesterday for 20mile loop and it was baltic. It wasn't the air temperature - was the blasted wind chill, hence the faster you went the colder it got. Really need to get winter over shoes and gloves! :idea:

My camel back even froze up - it's only ever done that in the French Alps in the depths of Winter!!:eek:

I bought over shoes today;) I have not tried them yet but they should make a huge difference.

bpirie1000
1st January 2009, 05:04 PM
looks very light better watch and no get blown away.........

Least you'll only have 2 tyres worth of rubber to replace this season.

Cracking bike matey.

euan
2nd January 2009, 11:01 AM
Aye, very smart. I've had my eye on a new racing bike for a while, but it's on hold till the house move is over.

Lot's of sales on just now for warm gear!

euan
7th March 2009, 10:53 AM
Aye, very smart. I've had my eye on a new racing bike for a while, but it's on hold till the house move is over.

Lot's of sales on just now for warm gear!

Well, so much for the waiting...

I'm off to test ride a 2008 Cannondale Synapse carbon today, along with an Obrea. That or an Specialized Allez Sport (09) so aluminum frame.

john
7th March 2009, 11:04 AM
Keep us posted:thumbs up:

euan
8th March 2009, 10:13 PM
Had a brief ride on the carbon, awesome ride. Going to take it round Richmond Park (Largest royal park, it's huge! the road circuit is about 14KM) next weekend before making the final decision though.

It's even in the Liquigas team colours, looks superb. This is what it looks like (running on different wheels though) http://www.roadcyclinguk.com/news/images/cannondale_liquigas_hi.jpg

Smitty
8th March 2009, 10:42 PM
Beautiful looking bike. What's the total weight?

john
9th March 2009, 01:17 AM
Nice looking Bike:thumbs up:

I have Fulcrums on my bike but I'm about to buy a pair of Easton wheels:smilewinkgrin: