PDA

View Full Version : Hogmanay

Scottie
30th December 2008, 09:27 PM
So what have folks got lined up for hogmanay then?

not really in to the whole new year thing myself.

Going out for an Indian then back home to listen to bl00dy fire works.

Also I am refusing to have steak pie for new years day dinner.:ragin:

Mini Ecosse
30th December 2008, 09:38 PM
I will be in a Control Room 1km underground generating electricity to keep the lights on for all those out and about!:argh:

Stephen

Craig
30th December 2008, 10:01 PM
out to the RiverHouse in Stirling for a nice meal with the family and then back to ours for a few drinks :thumbs up::thumbs up:

not up too late tho as I have the outlaw and her lot over for new year dinner (roast lamb mmmmm:cool::cool:)

dellie
30th December 2008, 10:05 PM
Out with friends for a meal then back to one of their houses for drinks, visit a few folk on the way back to the house then at the mother in laws on new years day for more drink!!!!

AndyP & Lenore
30th December 2008, 10:33 PM
Quiet night in the house watching a movie - Dark Knight most probably.

Then off to the out-laws for New Years Day dinner - it's Lenore's Mum's birthday also.

A.

Burple
31st December 2008, 12:58 AM
Been invited to a friend's house in Comrie, sounds like a right mad house-full!! :clap::clap::clap::beer::beer:

leighj
31st December 2008, 01:14 AM
I'll be staying in Newburgh and going to the pubs, then the bells, then along to my friends house for a wee party! Cant wait, gonna be mega drunk :D

Sheilz
31st December 2008, 01:32 AM
Not got anything planned. The big street party was a novelty in 99/00 but after a couple of years it had too much sameness to it and getting home was a pain in the butt. There's also the option of the fireballs in Stonehaven. Did plan going to them one year but never got round to it. Think stopping at home is the preferred option. We usually have all the family which makes for quite a crowd but Its usually good fun but this year with four opting for a posh do in Dubai and Granny deciding to whoop it up in Houston. our Hogmany is defo going to be much quieter than normal.

Munro is chief cook and I'm chief bottle washer for New Year's day.

O michty me. Hogmany's'nae fit it eesed tae be. In my teens I can well remember a whole week of partying. Going home only to snatch some sleep and to let the parents know we were still alive. Every able bodied person went out for their hogmany going to houses all around the village/town. There were a few houses that had parties going on in them for days. An auntie of mine was one of them. They'd a big house, stocked up with crate after crate of all sorts of drinks for hogmany with wifies taking turns to bring in pots of soup etc to feed the starving hordes. The world and its granny seemed to gravitate towards their house. I'm not sure if it was the fear of bankrupting themselves at the cost of the party or my uncle finding his youngest son , aged twelve, totally rat-assed that they stopped throwing the bash of the year. Probably just got fed up of subsidising other people's excessive drinking.

So me thinks it will be out with the bailey's and telly for us tomorrow.

Happy Hogmany everyone. Keep safe.

Gismo
31st December 2008, 06:47 AM
Will be spending it in Pensacola with Me Julie's family, a quiet time except for me, who will be trying to party on :D

Smitty
31st December 2008, 12:18 PM
Sitting in playing some PS3 with a few mates, along with some beers.

Can't stand New Year - hence we're just turning it into a normal night :D

Crombers
31st December 2008, 12:44 PM
Working 10pm to 6am in the DHL/Sainsbury's Transport Dept so that all you guys & gals have fully stocked supermarkets in the New Year :yes nod:

gauldrymini
31st December 2008, 01:07 PM
Not really into the Hogmany thing...:frown:

Settle down to watch a film...a couple of beers then off to bed:yawn:

Ready for making Steak Pie on the 1st:thumbs up:

Andrew

C.Noble
31st December 2008, 03:11 PM
Well new year is the most important night of the year for me... its the dividing line between the last race season, and the start of the challenge for the next (even tho I have been preparing for next season since mid november!)

I NEVER let it slip by... last year was way too quiet :yawn:...but should make up for that this year, going to the Edinburgh street party :cool:, last went on the millenium night, but had to behave cos I was driving :argh:...
this time I stay 40 minutes walk from Princes street!!! or more accurately 1 hour 40 minutes stagger in the state I intend to be in :beer::beer::beer:!!

Happy New Year all :thumbs up:!

camjay
31st December 2008, 05:51 PM
Usually go home to Dundee to my family - they still do New Year the old fashioned way (lasts for days) but this year staying in Larky!:moonie: Ah well - It'll be Raspberry Cordial and Only an Excuse for me. HAVE A GREAT 2009 EVERYONE XX:beer:

stoney
31st December 2008, 06:12 PM
well my best mate is coming down so we are going to have steak and chuncy chips :yes nod: made bye yours trully :yes nod::cool: and then going to get toaltly wrecked as i dont drinlk much at all so 2 night is the night i go all out and get total drunk :D:D:Dso the will be plenty of this :beer::beer: for us :thumbs up::thumbs up:

N12 JLK
31st December 2008, 08:45 PM
Going to a neighbour who is having a traditional party - all in the street invited:thumbs up:

Off to Mum's tomorrow to spend some time with the family, best bit will be the M&S buffet, oh and of course plenty of bubbles.