PDA

View Full Version : Removing wax

rocker4500
27th December 2008, 01:14 PM
So I intend to clean the mini ether today or tomorrow...finger corssed for the weather front :thumbs up:

I got some DODO Juice but not had time to use it, so i intend on giving the car a full going over and applying the wax. However i have used wax on the cafr before and obv need to remove it before applying the DODO wax. Any ideas what is best to remove wax?

Craig
27th December 2008, 04:07 PM
I use a Bitumen, Tar & Glue Remover. I spray it on, leave it for about five minutes, then power wash it off... Takes off the wax and also any tar that you may have on the car.. ;)

Bazthemod
27th December 2008, 07:39 PM
Also washing car with little bit of fairy liquid in bucket will remove the wax, only do this if you intend to wax right after tho as its harsh way of removing.

Crombers
27th December 2008, 11:09 PM
Ah well..................................

Me & the old brillo pad again :rolleyes: ;)

rocker4500
27th December 2008, 11:18 PM
Ah well..................................

Me & the old brillo pad again :rolleyes: ;)

:laugh: :laugh: i'd love to see the state of your finish :smilewinkgrin:

Craig
27th December 2008, 11:20 PM
:laugh: :laugh: i'd love to see the state of your finish :smilewinkgrin:

so would he, but he cannae see it for all the muck... :rolleyes::argh:

Crombers
27th December 2008, 11:25 PM
so would he, but he cannae see it for all the muck... :rolleyes::argh:

Ah the swirls show up just fine throught the salt & grime :thumbs up:

Gismo
28th December 2008, 04:42 PM
No more advice needed from me, Crombers has it covered, but, i would maybe suggest a one bucket method :Whistle:

Burple
28th December 2008, 05:17 PM
No more advice needed from me, Crombers has it covered, but, i would maybe suggest a one bucket method :Whistle:

...and in between dips of the sponge in the bucket you can just put it down on the ground, it'll be fine! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

And remember to scoop up all the soap from the bottom of the bucket ;):laugh:

Gismo
29th December 2008, 06:06 AM
...and in between dips of the sponge in the bucket you can just put it down on the ground, it'll be fine! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Doh :hand: we use a brillo pad, keep up ;) :D

rocker4500
29th December 2008, 06:21 PM
Well i removed my wax yesterday....yes with a briill....bucket of water and fairy liquid. :D

I then clay barred, polished and waxed the car

I intended to put another layer of wax on today but i have bust my back and actualy cant move....im also doped up to the eyeballs on a substance which when disolved in water looks remarkably like cocain but the doctor says all is well :yes nod: so no :beer: for me :sad:

Smitty
29th December 2008, 06:24 PM
Which Dodo Juice Wax are you using?

rocker4500
29th December 2008, 06:25 PM
Rainforest rub

Smitty
29th December 2008, 06:31 PM
Good man - smells lovely doesn't it?? :D

You'll not be disappointed with the quality - mine is still beading and hasn't had a proper wax since late August!

rocker4500
29th December 2008, 06:32 PM
Good man - smells lovely doesn't it?? :D

You'll not be disappointed with the quality - mine is still beading and hasn't had a proper was since late August!

Yeah, it has a great smell. I have to say tho, by the time i was finished waxing i actualy couldnt smell it...must of got used to it haha!

Yeah i have heard great things about it....im sure i wont be disapointed!