PDA

View Full Version : Santa brought my MINI....

AndyP & Lenore
26th December 2008, 12:24 AM
C'mon folks, list all the toys and gadgets Santa brought you for your MINI.

Mine got a Snow Foam Lance for the Karcher jet hose and a tub of PH Neutral Snow Foam.:thumbs up:

A.:D

Scottie
26th December 2008, 12:35 AM
Allan went to fit my ITG filter that I got from Lohen today but it was wrong one.:ragin::ragin:

Other than that it's family family family stuff for the next few days.:frown::frown: and no time for the Mini.:argh::argh:

stoney
26th December 2008, 12:40 AM
mine got its intercooler and a itg filter

and also a repair bill :ragin::eek:

leighj
26th December 2008, 01:00 PM
my mum and dad are giving me and my bro money for xmas, so gonna get some things for the MINI, not decided for def yet but think it might be new lights

rpn
26th December 2008, 01:10 PM
Nothing at all. :sad:

Craig
26th December 2008, 02:14 PM
I got the same as AndyP... :thumbs up: Might use it today, but I am absolutely knackered after the last few days, so prob just have a duvet day today.. :smilewinkgrin:

plus, Mrs D got me a pic of my car on one of the track nights from MotorsportPhotographic. :yes nod::yes nod: Superb Photo and cracking quality... :thumbs up:

Also got some NMS Merchandise in the shape of a fleece and a polo-shirt :yes nod::yes nod:

YngStvn
26th December 2008, 03:07 PM
I got 4 spot lights for the front. And for the black round bit under the bonnet i got two evil eye vinyls lol.

N12 JLK
26th December 2008, 04:50 PM
New front grill, took off the chrome and put on the black one. Also got a nice Mini wallet for my cash.
Will be seeing Mr King tomorrow and will get a cleaning product list from him of all the goodies I will buy for my car. Andy I heard that snow foam takes off all the wax you have built up on the car, may be wrong.

Craig
26th December 2008, 04:56 PM
Andy I heard that snow foam takes off all the wax you have built up on the car, may be wrong.

I have heard that, but only from 1 person on 1 forum, however there are lots of other people who use snow foam and are "into" cleaning their cars that say it doesn't so I am going with the majority... ;)

ianking
26th December 2008, 05:29 PM
PH neutral foam is fine and wont strip the wax. Any kind of TFR stuff though will strip.

At the moment Im using Megs Hyper wash in mine.

Gismo
26th December 2008, 06:13 PM
Got the Porsche big brake kit for the front and the spira slots for the rear :thumbs up:
Add in the lower and the rear inside strut braces my MINI did very well :clap:

Edit: best pressie was the Sony eBook reader, fantastic piece of kit especially with the amount of books i read

bazzaric
26th December 2008, 06:32 PM
I got a book on the history of the Mini, one of the Haynes classic mini T-Shirts and a paul smith wallet with a picture of a mini inside!

Also got some money towards a private registration...but i'm unsure which one to get. It needs to be £400 max as I can't afford much more at the moment. So with a name like 'Barry Herd' what do you prefer?:

B11 HRD
B 17ERD (with a wee dot to make the 17 an H)

Is the second one a bit of a stretch of imagination? :hand:

Stewart
26th December 2008, 07:12 PM
I have heard that, but only from 1 person on 1 forum, however there are lots of other people who use snow foam and are "into" cleaning their cars that say it doesn't so I am going with the majority... ;)

Clayed the mini when I got it put on more or less on a non abrasive polish, glaze and sealant and then a few coats of Pete’s wax for those who know the detailing stuff….also done the glass with Carlack polish and sealant. I’ve been using Snow foam and Meg’s Hyper Wash and its still beading after I done it way back with the Pete’s…….Think you’d have to over do it with the dilution massively. Only thing I know you have to watch is the traffic film removers for the wax……..

Biggest debate is to rinse the car down first with clean water only before the snow, or go straight to the snow as one sides say’s it gets rid of the major loose stuff with the water rinse first for to the snow to work better and then the other side says that that can cause damage if you catch dirt with the PW and better to let the Snow gently work and lift the major stuff off before the PW rinse…….

Have to say I’ve done both:blush:, Snow last longer on the non rinsed wash…

Gismo
26th December 2008, 08:37 PM
Also got some money towards a private registration...but i'm unsure which one to get. It needs to be £400 max as I can't afford much more at the moment. So with a name like 'Barry Herd' what do you prefer?:B11 HRDB 17ERD (with a wee dot to make the 17 an H)Is the second one a bit of a stretch of imagination? :hand:You'll get divided responses from the masses here ;) so i'll point out it's illegal to have incorrect spaced registrations now to save them jumping in :Whistle:My opinion is that a personal plate to you is more user friendly than a car dedicated one and only you can decide if it suits you or not :thumbs up:

leighj
26th December 2008, 10:09 PM
I got a book on the history of the Mini, one of the Haynes classic mini T-Shirts and a paul smith wallet with a picture of a mini inside!

Also got some money towards a private registration...but i'm unsure which one to get. It needs to be £400 max as I can't afford much more at the moment. So with a name like 'Barry Herd' what do you prefer?:

B11 HRD
B 17ERD (with a wee dot to make the 17 an H)

Is the second one a bit of a stretch of imagination? :hand:

i think the 2nd one is good! i have to admit mines is spaced wrongly :blush:

bazzaric
26th December 2008, 10:25 PM
I just wish my parents had named me SM04 EFW....:D

Burple
27th December 2008, 02:26 PM
Mine got a nice wee Tom Tom One! :cool::thumbs up:
They've fairly shrunk the V4 model! :eek::thumbs up:

:clap::clap:

ELFMAN
27th December 2008, 05:11 PM
Mine's hopefully going to get all its prezzies next spring......

Gismo
27th December 2008, 05:51 PM
Mine's hopefully going to get all its prezzies next spring......Oh yeah, do tell :Whistle:

GCA3N
27th December 2008, 08:15 PM
Not the type i really wanted!!!!! post the pics soon!!!!!:eek:

ELFMAN
27th December 2008, 09:04 PM
Oh yeah, do tell :Whistle:

Trip to LOHEN in planning stages... :smilewinkgrin::clap::cool:
Economic conditions permitting!:thud:

Crombers
27th December 2008, 11:15 PM
Mine got taken out a short blast (ain't that what MINI's do best :thumbs up:)

Craig
28th December 2008, 02:24 PM
I got the same as AndyP... :thumbs up: Might use it today, but I am absolutely knackered after the last few days, so prob just have a duvet day today.. :smilewinkgrin:

:

Well, went to use my new Foam Lance today and guess what :confused: It doesn't work right.... The adjustment on the top of the lance doesn't seem to change the flow of water/foam thro the lance... :frown::frown::argh::ragin:

Also, it used up the whole bottle of solution before getting round the whole car... :argh::argh: It came out more like soapy water to begin with and then just looked like water.... :ragin::ragin:

Anyway, email sent off to the company that I bought it from back in Nov to ask for a refund. Going to get one from somewhere else as it has the brass fitting and found it incredibly difficult to put on and remove... :frown::frown: apparently the plastic fitting is much easier... ;)

Gismo
28th December 2008, 04:58 PM
Trip to LOHEN in planning stages... :smilewinkgrin::clap::cool:
Economic conditions permitting!:thud:Ooh nice one, will it be before the karting run?? and what are the stages?? :off topic: :blush:

Stewart
28th December 2008, 06:00 PM
Well, went to use my new Foam Lance today and guess what :confused: It doesn't work right.... The adjustment on the top of the lance doesn't seem to change the flow of water/foam thro the lance... :frown::frown::argh::ragin:

Also, it used up the whole bottle of solution before getting round the whole car... :argh::argh: It came out more like soapy water to begin with and then just looked like water.... :ragin::ragin:

Anyway, email sent off to the company that I bought it from back in Nov to ask for a refund. Going to get one from somewhere else as it has the brass fitting and found it incredibly difficult to put on and remove... :frown::frown: apparently the plastic fitting is much easier... ;)

Not got a lance, But I'd go on Detailing World for advice, they will get you the right lance.......I did have the right lance noted down but lost it after reading a while back....

Scottie
28th December 2008, 06:56 PM

what make did you buy ???

Stewart
28th December 2008, 07:33 PM
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/hd-foam-lance-wash.html

or this

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/foam-lance-various-fittings/prod_371.html

This seems to be the one used by a few on the site. I dont have it so far as i bought a B&Q MacAllister 360PWA washer and dont know if it will fit with one of those attachments...........:argh:

Craig
28th December 2008, 07:41 PM
what make did you buy ???

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/hd-foam-lance-wash.html

or this

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/foam-lance-various-fittings/prod_371.html

This seems to be the one used by a few on the site. I dont have it so far as i bought a B&Q MacAllister 360PWA washer and dont know if it will fit with one of those attachments...........:argh:

I bought the exact one you quoted from Cleanyourcar.co.uk... I just think it is a bad one, as Andy's worked fine and I think it is the same one.. :frown:

Just bad luck I guess... the family has had a fair bit of it recently.. :argh:

Scottie
28th December 2008, 07:47 PM
I bought the exact one you quoted from Cleanyourcar.co.uk... I just think it is a bad one, as Andy's worked fine and I think it is the same one.. :frown:

Just bad luck I guess... the family has had a fair bit of it recently.. :argh:

looks a good make I'm sure he'll swap it out for you or show you how to use it correctly.:p:p:smilewinkgrin:

Hope your luck changes soon :thumbs up:

Craig
28th December 2008, 07:50 PM
looks a good make I'm sure he'll swap it out for you or show you how to use it correctly.:p:p:smilewinkgrin:

Hope your luck changes soon :thumbs up:

yeah yeah, very funny Fi.. :moonie:

don't really want a swap as he only does the brass fittings one and it's too tight a fit... hopefully he will give me a refund or just give me a credit cos I buy from them most of the time.. ;)

thanks - hope so too...:rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
28th December 2008, 08:01 PM
The frost finally lifted so I was able to use my foam lance this morning. Used it first on the Freelander 2 as it was manky. As we've got Diamondbrite protection on the FL2 and the Blue MINI I didn't want to use the snow foam on them, until I've checked with them that it won't strip the protection.

So for today I just used the diamondbrite shampoo and it did a great job. Very very happy with it. It probably didn't foam up as much as the snow foam will, but it still foamed a fair bit. All I needed to do was rinse the car afterwards and it was clean as a whistle.:cool:

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with yours Craig.:blush: Hopefully the guy will sort you out.:thumbs up:

A.:D

condor
29th December 2008, 12:59 AM
My Mini got a tub of DODO Juice and DoDo juice pre wax cleaner, jcw carbon gear knob (spoilt little thing).....used juice in between showers today ..and must say that i am impressed with the results so far .....:smilewinkgrin:

Fairy
29th December 2008, 10:02 AM
I got The Little Book of MINI by Brian Laban :thumbs up: Oh and also got The Little Book of Aston Martin :D
Nothing specific for my own Mini but recently had my iPod fitted in so I guess that can be its crimbo prezzie!

gauldrymini
29th December 2008, 01:31 PM
A Super Sprayer...a poor man's foam lance but works a treat for a pre wash:thumbs up: Drying towels and Gold Class Liquid wax...

The wee thing is looking so shiny just now as I peer out the window at work...

Andrew

MrMischief
30th December 2008, 09:29 AM
Ours got a nice set of winter wheels - white S light alloys, a new late spec supercharger and some Megs Gold Class shampoo, a clay kit, Poorboys pre-wax polish & Nattys Wax (it has to share these with the Vee-Dub tho :smilewinkgrin:)

mizemz
1st January 2009, 02:28 PM
My mini got projector halo headlights and bulbs and also got a mini watch. Lights are fitted and look really crackin. Also got my new grill to chnge from chrome to black

MINI William
1st January 2009, 08:33 PM
Santa brought our MINI's a HOT pressure washer

Mini Ecosse
1st January 2009, 09:32 PM

Wow, that should help keep the Mini's clean.
What type of washer, voltage and is it single or three phase supply?

Stephen

Craig
2nd January 2009, 12:42 PM

GIT !:moonie:

MINI William
2nd January 2009, 04:14 PM
Wow, that should help keep the Mini's clean.
What type of washer, voltage and is it single or three phase supply?

Stephen

Its a Clarke single phase with 240V :smilewinkgrin: