PDA

View Full Version : Bose..........wow........

condor
20th December 2008, 07:51 AM
:thumbs up:Ive had a Bose wave radio cd player for years and thought that it was fantastic. Yeasterday as a wee christmas treat I went out and bought a Bose cinema surround sound system.WWWWOOOOOOWWWW it blows your socks off !!!!! what quality of sound.
Does anyone know if Bose make car speakers/systems etc that would be suitable for the mini ?

Craig
20th December 2008, 09:28 AM
THIS (http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/automotive-systems/f-a-q/index.jsp) is the faq of the Bose site - seems like you can only order it with a new car and the MINI isn't listed as having ever had an install... :rolleyes:

euan
20th December 2008, 12:33 PM
They come as an option on Audi, and I think Volvo? BMW have stuck by their own I think.

The Dogfather
20th December 2008, 01:01 PM
The Bose Audi systems I've heard haven't been that good, A3, A4 and A2. I have a similar experience of the Home Stuff as well.

IMO Bose kit isn't that great when you compare it to proper high end stuff as far as sound quality is concerned. However they are very good at creating compact and discrete packages that punch well above their weight. The build quality is excellent though.

Gismo
20th December 2008, 06:41 PM
I'm with the dog father on this one, i've heard the Bose system in a mates Audi, not the greatest, but, not everyone's taste is the same, so, if you're happy that's what matters :thumbs up:
Mikey sells very well balanced speakers for the MINI ;)

illegalhunter
21st December 2008, 10:04 AM
I was told by an installer " no highs , no lows , must be Bose

euan
21st December 2008, 10:22 AM
I have to be honest, we had the choice between a Bose and a different dock for the ipod for my folks, and we chose the other one (Can you tell I can't remember what it was!) It was a third of the price and the sound quality is stunning. However, it does have a separate bass box, which goes a long way to helping! Not to knock Bose stuff, I like it, but it's pricey for what it does.

As an aside, anyone heard the B&W Zeppelin yet? It's awesome!

Andrew
21st December 2008, 12:24 PM
As an aside, anyone heard the B&W Zeppelin yet? It's awesome!

I had a small windfall from work recently and decided to treat myself to an ipod dock.

I tried Bose and I wanted to like it, but I felt that there was no great depth to the sound. I then tried the Zeppelin and was blown away by the sound on it. I've had it a couple of months and have not been disappointed by it. The reviews I had read seemed to point to one small gripe about the sound and that was the level of bass.

I must be getting old as I had to turn the bass down!

Apart from the price, the only downside I have found is portability. It's a heavy beast so no walking from room to room with it. I'm more than happy to leave it in one room and treat it the same as a hi-fi (are they still called hi-fi's or is that my age again?)

Andrew

RyanK
21st December 2008, 12:57 PM
I know with Merc its Harmon-Kardon, the system they fit is relatively good. Isn't Harmon Kardon an option with the Mini's?

euan
21st December 2008, 01:10 PM
Andrew - nice :-) We plan on getting one when we move house as a moving in present to ourselves, but like you say it's a hell of a price.

Andrew
21st December 2008, 04:40 PM
Andrew - nice :-) We plan on getting one when we move house as a moving in present to ourselves, but like you say it's a hell of a price.

It's been around for a while now so it must be due a price reduction soon.