PDA

View Full Version : what a nightmare getting home tonight

Scottie
19th December 2008, 07:54 PM
anyone else had problems due to the weather. 1hr 45 that normally takes 20mins .

Main road closed road then the back single track road flooded with about 20 cars needing to turn.

All this and I was in my Mini:ragin::ragin:

Gets back to the stone garage only for the burn to have bust it's banks and it's all flooded round the garage but not in it, put my car away but thinking not such a good idea.

Craig
19th December 2008, 08:48 PM
not had any problems today with transport, but I was home a bit earlier... had to go back into stirling later tho but took the Tig. :smilewinkgrin::thumbs up:

was the M9 shut ? or the A9 ?

audrey
19th December 2008, 09:34 PM
Not too bad today yesterday had to go through a puddle that was more like a river had no option couldn't turn on that bit of road when I was stopped at traffic lights couple minutes later there was steam coming from the front of the car :frown: Wont be doing that again :hand:

Scottie
19th December 2008, 10:14 PM
not had any problems today with transport, but I was home a bit earlier... had to go back into stirling later tho but took the Tig. :smilewinkgrin::thumbs up:

was the M9 shut ? or the A9 ?

closed A9 at Glenbervie Golf Club 3 mins from home.:ragin::ragin: and still is.

Took the back road Bogend Road (do you know the one I mean) but some nut in a Civic tried to go through a massive flood and broke down right in the middle of the road and in the middle of the flood, meaning about 20 or so cars had to reverse and do U turns as other cars were still trying to come down the road causing massive jam, ended up going back the other back road to Granada Services and coming home the motorway to Kincardine roundabout. The road form us to you is closed at the bridge under the motorway.

Smitty
20th December 2008, 12:05 AM
It's lovely weather down here......;)

Even ventured out to the cinema in only jean and a t-shirt tonight. Global Warming makes a sharp return to the Midlands!! :eek:

AndyP & Lenore
20th December 2008, 12:16 AM
More importantly, what did you watch and was the film any good?

A.:D

Smitty
20th December 2008, 12:37 AM
More importantly, what did you watch and was the film any good?

A.:D

Your really not meant to take your work home wit you Andy - it's unhealthy not have a good Social/Work life balance ;) :p

Went to see The Day The World Stood Still - was ok, poor start with some very dodgy scripting and acting but picked up later on as you become more "emotionaly attached".

Was a little confused at the end as it didn't answer any questions, but I guess it's more a thought provoking film than anything else, quite clever really.

Overal - 6.5/10 :computer:

What would be your rating on that one? Getting good takings?

AndyP & Lenore
20th December 2008, 11:18 AM
What would be your rating on that one? Getting good takings?

Not seen it, and it hasn't opened that well so won't be showing long with us anyway.