PDA

View Full Version : New Mini Scotland Insurance Scheme via Chris Knott Insurance

Tim@ChrisKnott
17th December 2008, 01:09 PM
Just to let you know the scheme is now up & running.

For details, please see http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Tim@ChrisKnott
2nd February 2009, 12:57 PM
We've had a good start to 2009 already, even better than last year which was an exceptional year for us.

If you're renewal is due in February, please don't forget to ring us and quote the club scheme reference number shown in my signature below!

Tim@ChrisKnott
26th February 2009, 03:09 PM
A GOOD REASON TO PHONE US IF YOUR RENEWAL IS DUE IN MARCH!

March is generally one of the busiest months of the year for car insurance.

There are a few reasons for this -

Firstly, the new car registrations come out so plenty of new cars to insure.

Secondly, this means that people who buy new cars, sell their existing ones which are then bought & insurance is needed for them.

Thirdly, a major insurance company went bust in the early 1970's in March which left a lot of people without insurance meaning they had to get new policies immediately. There were long queues outside brokers with people waiting to get covered! This means that many of the affected, older generation still have March renewal dates!

And on a totally personal level, we have just had our record week since we instigated these forum insurance schemes so we must be doing something right!

Therefore, if your renewal is due in March, please feel free to give us a call and don't forget to mention the club scheme reference number found in my signature below or in my initial post which started this thread.

0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 if calling by mobile.

Tim@ChrisKnott
19th March 2009, 03:41 PM
Just a quick note to thank those of you who have tried the club insurance scheme.

In March, we have recorded our best ever week for club 'business' - nearly double that of our previous record set in February, which was remarkable in itself! I had to recheck the figures myself!

This is all due to the fact that people on sites like this have rung us & taken out policies. We must be doing something right!

Just to let you know our opening hours are Monday to Friday, 9am till 5pm & Saturday morning, 9am till noon.

(Please don't forget to quote the club scheme reference number when you ring for a quote).

Tim@ChrisKnott
18th June 2009, 01:54 PM
Hot off the press!

In 2009 so far, we have saved our new customers a recorded average of £60 (£60.10 to be exact!) off their BEST quote, not just their renewal price, but their BEST quote!
In fact, so successful is the scheme that we have taken on additional staff & next week we have a meeting to look at taking on further personnel!

So, if your insurance is due in the next few weeks, please give us a call freephone on 0800 917 2274 (or 01580 752961 if calling by mobile) and don't forget to state the club reference number found either in my signature or in my introductory post when we first set up the scheme. Insurers find that club/forum users are better 'risks' statistically so make sure you mention the club!

Don't forget to check the criteria you must adhere to, e.g. age, etc.

Tim@ChrisKnott
30th July 2009, 08:27 PM
With August being the second busiest month of the year, after March, I expect quite a few of you are coming up for your car insurance renewal.

Please feel free to give us a call when you receive your renewal papers through. I have collated a large list of excellent feedback from those who have already rung us so thank you for that.

Our average recording saving for our new customers in 2009 is £60.02 off their BEST quote so now you know why we have had to take on more staff!

The number is 0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 if calling by mobile and PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO QUOTE THE CLUB NAME & REFERENCE NUMBER found in either my signature or my original post introducing the scheme!

Tim@ChrisKnott
10th September 2009, 02:33 PM
IT'S WORTH RINGING US BECAUSE........

Well, after my post about August being the second busiest month of the year for car insurance renewals, we have in the last week recorded our BEST EVER income regarding providing insurance for forum users (and their families). That's in 26 years!

If your renewal is due in the next 21 days, please don't hesitate to give us a call on 0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 if calling by mobile and PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO QUOTE THE CLUB NAME & REFERENCE NUMBER found in either my signature or my original post introducing the scheme!

Don't forget to check out the original thread stating minimum ages, etc, for the scheme

Tim@ChrisKnott
1st October 2009, 01:48 PM
NEW IDEA!!!!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK?

We are looking at launching a system whereby, to get a quote from us, you have the option of sending your details by email to us and then we will contact you with the quote.

This would also assist those who can't get ring us during working hours or those who would just prefer to correspond through the forum.

My question is would this be helpful to you?

I'd appreciate your comments.

Tim@ChrisKnott
9th October 2009, 03:25 PM
There is no doubting the success of our insurance scheme and we do thank all of you for ringing us.
However, we are often asked about online quoting.

The scheme is such that it is impossible to quote online but we have an idea!

We prefer people to ring us for a quote but if you're car insurance renewal is due within the next 21 days, please feel free to complete the questions below, then copy & paste, then email to peter.haywood@chrisknott.co.uk, who will contact you with the quote.

The scheme starts for ages 22 and over for Comprehensive cover (though 25 for some cars), & 19 and over for TPF&T cover, and you must have at least 1 year's NCB (unless you have NCB on a second car or a company car letter to state at least 1 year's claim free driving).

All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year, and to insure a 'performance' car, there must be at least 1 years experience of driving that, or similar performance cars. Unfortunately, the scheme is not competitive on all M - Manchester, L - Liverpool, OL - Oldham & SK1-12 - Stockport postcodes and excludes Northern Ireland.

1.WE WILL ONLY QUOTE IF YOUR CAR INSURANCE RENEWAL DATE IS WITHIN 21 DAYS OF THE DATE OF YOUR EMAIL,
2.PLEASE ANSWER EVERY QUESTION BELOW,
3.COPY & PASTE ALL THE TEXT FROM 'NAME OF CLUB' DOWN TO THE BOTTOM
4.EMAIL THIS TO peter.haywood@chrisknott.co.uk
5.WE WILL RING YOU BACK WITH THE QUOTE. (IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING WITHIN 24 HOURS, PLEASE RING US AS WE INTEND TO LEAVE MESSAGES & SEND EMAILS SAYING WE HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT YOU).

Here you go - (if at all possible, can you reply in CAPITALS and different font/colour please?)

NAME OF CLUB : NEW MINI SCOTLAND
CLUB REFERENCE NUMBER: 880

Full name of policyholder (inc Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms)

Home postcode

Mobile number

Daytime number

Vehicle registration number

Make & full model of car

CC

Year of manufacture

Value of car

Registered Keeper
Registered Owner

Where vehicle kept overnight

Number of seats

Date of purchase of car
(If less than 12 months ownership, please
give details of previous cars owned)

Immobiliser fitted

Modifications

RHD or LHD

Cover required (Comprehensive or TPFT)

Renewal date

Years NCB that is available to use on this policy
(NCB lapsed 2+ years ago and NCB earned as a named driver is not acceptable)

Protected bonus required if full NCB – yes or no

Who is driving
For ALL drivers –

Male or female

Date of birth

How long lived in UK

How long held a full UK licence

Occupation plus any part time jobs

Business nature of your job

Employed or self-employed

Marital status

Total miles per annum

Use of car – commuting or business use
If business use (if so, what specifically)

Homeowner

Any claims fault or non fault within 5 years
Please give circumstances including approx costs, which policy the claim was on and what happened

Any convictions within 5 years
Please give code (eg SP30), date of conviction, fine, ban

Disabilities notified to DVLA

How many cars in family

Postcode where car kept overnight

Renewal quote
Total renewal excess (inc voluntary & compulsory)
Which insurer

Best quote
Total excess (inc voluntary & compulsory)
Which insurer

(Proof will be needed of quotes as we are audited by the insurers. This can
be in the form of renewal notices, internet log in details and reference numbers).