PDA

View Full Version : Subaru pull out of WRC

Big Gordy
16th December 2008, 02:33 PM
I see Subaru have announced today that they are pulling out of WRC next year due to the good old credit crunch:frown:
Shame as they will always be associated in this country with Colin McRae and Richard Burns who are both sadly not with us anymore:sad: Sad day indeed.
That means next years championship will be between the only 2 factory teams still in it. Citreon and Ford.

mini saltire
16th December 2008, 02:50 PM
Scooby, Honda, Seat .... whos next??

BTCC have only Vauxhall as a works team. Sad times:frown::frown:

Ferengo
16th December 2008, 03:46 PM
No way!!! That sucks :ragin:

euan
16th December 2008, 04:39 PM
Suzuki pulled out yesterday too, so that just leaves Citroen and Ford.

Nobody else pull out of F1 now, as Force India where the only dodgy one but they are supported by McLaren now so should be safe.

WRC is interesting though - I hope Prodrive build a new car next year with another team and re-enter in 2010, using 09 as a testbed for the car, like Citroen did a few years ago. Problem is that WRC viewing figures are way down, so you won't get the same ad revenue you would have done.

Forbes
16th December 2008, 04:53 PM
Thats cause it isn't getting the same tv coverage in my opinion, i remember when i was younger watching it on eurosport and itv close to prime times, i haven't seen them on there near as much. Personally i prefer the WRC to F1, it is/was more intresting, shame as appears it will die away in the years to come

Craig
16th December 2008, 05:32 PM
shame that it's going that way....:frown:

it might also be down to the "schumacher" effect as Loeb has now one 5 straight titles... :rolleyes:

I nearly missed the Rally GB this year as it wasn't on the TV like it should have been.. It is the WORLD RALLY and it was the last round and the championship hinged on it for the drivers and manufacturers and there wasn't even a program at primetime.. :argh::argh:

illegalhunter
16th December 2008, 09:47 PM
Skoda will be over the moon lol