PDA

View Full Version : Finance!

CoNs
15th December 2008, 03:03 PM
Anyone know the rough finance amounts on Cooper S?

i drove past Peter Vardy @ Seafield and i seen a cooper S

with £229 a month and free fuel till 2009

i know i am prob better heading into them but i was just wondering if any member have financed from Vardy, ideally on a 33/36 mont basis instead of 47 months ..eek

;bigwave:

mini saltire
15th December 2008, 03:23 PM
It all depends on what deposit you put down against the cash price over a few months. Vardy's are good about avertising the cheap monthly but sometimes all is not what it seems... I would phone in first to avoid dissapointment.

CoNs
15th December 2008, 03:42 PM
Yes i need to pop down, there website shows 3 mini's in stock and they have about 100 lying down there.

i will prob only get £5k for mine :(

time to move on up though.. as long as it not any more than about £260 a month i will be happy

:shut up:

ianking
15th December 2008, 04:48 PM
Why not get Mark to work you out a deal.
finance and MINI finance is very much his bag.

Mark is 'Mini Saltire' buy the way.

Craig
15th December 2008, 05:30 PM
yeah what Ian says.... ^^^^^^

and I would be confident in staying that he would be able to match vardy's deal if not better it. :thumbs up: Nice chap to deal with aswell. :yes nod:

just dinnae let him near yer car, he may reverse park it on a tyre wall. :thud::Whistle:

KenL
15th December 2008, 08:56 PM
with £229 a month and free fuel till 2009

Is that about 2 weeks of fuel or a good way through 2009?

CoNs
16th December 2008, 09:59 AM
Its till 2009 LOL

so from now until new year, which in mycase would mean about 100miles haha

I'm still confused about leasing/renting car.

At the end of the lease i want to own the car. ( i think )

lol

does anyone have an email for Mark

AndyP & Lenore
16th December 2008, 10:03 AM
Its till 2009 LOL

so from now until new year, which in mycase would mean about 100miles haha

I'm still confused about leasing/renting car.

At the end of the lease i want to own the car. ( i think )

lol

does anyone have an email for Mark

If you want to own the car at the end I don't think leasing is the avenue for you. However Mark is THE MAN to advise you on that.

His email address is mark@saltirevehicles.co.uk and his website is www.saltirevehicles.co.uk

A.:thumbs up:

Gismo
16th December 2008, 10:03 AM
does anyone have an email for MarkIt's all here (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12205) :thumbs up:

CoNs
16th December 2008, 10:05 AM
If you want to own the car at the end I don't think leasing is the avenue for you. However Mark is THE MAN to advise you on that.

His email address is mark@saltirevehicles.co.uk and his website is www.saltirevehicles.co.uk (http://www.saltirevehicles.co.uk)

A.:thumbs up:

yes this is what confuses me, i bought my first car outright, then i bought my mini outright.

but the car i paid £9k for 2 years ago is worth about £5k now lol

At the end of a lease am i correct thinking you have nothing? unless you pay the final value fee

does anyone have links to some reading so i can bring my knowledge up

Thanks for the email, i will drop him email today hopefully

Gismo
16th December 2008, 10:09 AM
does anyone have links to some reading so i can bring my knowledge upIt would really be best to speak directly to Mark, he'll explain everything in the way you will understand.
A lease is just that, you pay a set premium for the car and then hand it back at the end, more geared towards businesses.
A loan type deal you can offset a final fee based on your monthly payments and again, you can hand the car back

AndyP & Lenore
16th December 2008, 10:13 AM
Sort of.

At the end of a personal contract plan like MINI Select, you have the option of handing the car back and owing nothing. Or pay the final value fee and own the car. Or trade the car in using the equity (if any:sad:) as a deposit for a new car.

Leases are a different, it is a straight term you sign up for and at the end I don't think you have much option other than to simply hand the car back to the leasing company. However Mark could advise you better on that.

No idea what web site to recommend. Best recommendation I can give you is to contact Mark.

I'll PM you his mobile number. Something tells me if you email him, he'll answer you but that will leave you with even more questions.

A.