PDA

View Full Version : Iphone 3g bluetooth

MINI William
14th December 2008, 07:38 PM
is it true that you cant bluetooth pictures songs etc from a mobile phone to your iphone??:ragin::argh:or are we doing sumthing wrong

Gismo
14th December 2008, 08:31 PM
Nope, you can't send picture messages, which, for me, is ok, cause i never did it before i got one anyway

MINI William
14th December 2008, 08:48 PM
thats no use to me at all it should have full bluetooth.looks like its goin back tomorrow :argh:

MartinSullivan
15th December 2008, 08:11 AM
Unfortunately the iphone bluetooth doesnt allow file transfers , this is something that I feel Apple should have been more upfront about, as lots of people seem to have been caught out.

Gismo is right that you cant send picture messages either (seperate from the bluetooth issue) but that seems to have been more widely publicised.

MINI William
15th December 2008, 10:51 AM
The boy at the o2 shop said it would work fine so we went ahead and got one.He also said that it would play throught the car like a normal ipod using BMW Idrive or the in the mini the ipod conector but it doesent do this either :argh::argh:

Craig
15th December 2008, 10:59 AM
a Nokia E66 would do all that for your William AND it supports Java for lots of websites... ;):Whistle:

I didn't go for the iPhone when I was looking due to the increased monthly cost and having to buy the phone aswell, coupled with the problems you have already encountered, it stopped me buying.. :frown:

MINI William
15th December 2008, 11:15 AM
Thanks Craig ill have a wee look at that when im back in o2 today but not happy with the iphone at all:ragin:looks a realy nice phone but thats about it forthe ipod:frown:

Scottie
15th December 2008, 07:21 PM
my iphone plays in my cars as an ipod fine may be the kit I have though.

Pairs for handsfree fine.

I also don't have the problem with sending pictures as I use the email function most times now.

I couldn't be without my iphone there is not a phone out there to match it imho.

MINI William
15th December 2008, 07:40 PM
my iphone plays in my cars as an ipod fine may be the kit I have though.

Pairs for handsfree fine.

I also don't have the problem with sending pictures as I use the email function most times now.

I couldn't be without my iphone there is not a phone out there to match it imho.
Maybe but as i sed it never worked in my car or the m3.the email function for sending emails is brill for work but not for being with friends etc.You are right there isint a phone that can match it as all the rest have MMS proper bluetooth :thumbs up: But if it had better bluetooth would be bareable

Scottie
15th December 2008, 08:09 PM
Maybe but as i sed it never worked in my car or the m3.the email function for sending emails is brill for work but not for being with friends etc.You are right there isint a phone that can match it as all the rest have MMS proper bluetooth :thumbs up: But if it had better bluetooth would be bareable

MMS is not supported by iPhone itself as you already know but you can use SwirlyMMS (it's a program for iPhone and do the trick) but you need to jailbreak first cause it's not an offical program.

Craig
15th December 2008, 08:25 PM
doesn't jailbreak invalidate your warranty ? :Whistle:

Scottie
15th December 2008, 08:28 PM
doesn't jailbreak invalidate your warranty ? :Whistle:

yes but the Iphone is so reliable who needs a warranty.:p:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

Craig
15th December 2008, 08:29 PM
yes but the Iphone is so reliable who needs a warranty.:p:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

people with less disposable income than you.... :rolleyes:;):smilewinkgrin:

Scottie
15th December 2008, 08:34 PM
people with less disposable income than you.... :rolleyes:;):smilewinkgrin:

whats that then :D