PDA

View Full Version : When to put a JCW badge on your mini?

Ferengo
14th December 2008, 06:44 PM
When is it ok the put a JCW badge on your car? Engine upgrade, Sound kit, Strut brace etc... This whole issue confuses me a little :rolleyes:.

Scottie
14th December 2008, 06:53 PM
When is it ok the put a JCW badge on your car? Engine upgrade, Sound kit, Strut brace etc... This whole issue confuses me a little :rolleyes:.

Engine upgrade, Sound kit,

john
14th December 2008, 07:20 PM
Anytime you want!

Its your car do what you want.:thumbs up:

MINI William
14th December 2008, 07:51 PM
Anytime you want!

Its your car do what you want.:thumbs up:
Quite right:thumbs up:

Or if you spend money on any JCW part

Ferengo
14th December 2008, 08:06 PM
Well I have a JCW strut brace, lol. Am annoyed that there still isn't a JCW kit for the R56 cooper, any idea on when there will be one? I'll be upgrading to one when It's out, but I don't want to be the jackass with a JCW badge on his car and it's not justified. So you think it's ok to do?

The Dogfather
14th December 2008, 08:46 PM
Its up to you, I wouldn't unless it had some justification either through full suspension or engine upgrade.

I'm in the same boat as you I'd like a JCW upgrade but the kit isn't available for the Clubby

KenL
14th December 2008, 08:50 PM
What does JCW mean anymore? Have the Cooper family not sold out to MINI?

A strut brace does nothing for performance whereas as an engine upgrade does, so for me I wouldn't bother. Even if I had the upgrade, I may prefer the understated look ;)

But then, it is your car so do as you please :yes nod:

KenL
14th December 2008, 08:52 PM
Well I have a JCW strut brace, lol.

It will need to be better than the one for the R50 Cooper which was expensive and offered next to no performance gains.

I remember reading a magazine article where a JCW Cooper had worse perfomance than a standard car.

Ferengo
14th December 2008, 09:16 PM
It will need to be better than the one for the R50 Cooper which was expensive and offered next to no performance gains.

I remember reading a magazine article where a JCW Cooper had worse perfomance than a standard car.

Steering seem nippier but that's it. Not really worth the 150 quid, looks cool though. :D

badwolf340
14th December 2008, 09:44 PM
buy a JCW gearknob/handbrake cover,get the badge on,:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

MrMischief
14th December 2008, 10:52 PM
To be honest, the only way I'd have one on my car is if it came out the factory as a genuine JCW, otherwise it's like pretending to be something it's not. I was brought up thinking only classic Coopers should have the bonnet stripes, not a 10yr old Mayfair bought for a tenner :smilewinkgrin: We've got the JCW bucket seats, aero kit & air intake but no badge...it'll make it heavier, therefore slower :hand:

Gismo
14th December 2008, 11:24 PM
The JCW badge usually goes hand in hand with an engine upgrade.
You can put any badge on it you want, that's your choice

Ferengo
15th December 2008, 10:10 AM
The JCW badge usually goes hand in hand with an engine upgrade.
You can put any badge on it you want, that's your choice

The man has spoken. I will leave it untill BMW (IF they) release an engine upgrade for the R56. I'll just spend some cash and black out my rear windows. Can you tint the front side ones to a degree? I know you can't tint the windsheild.

Gismo
15th December 2008, 10:19 AM
Can you tint the front side ones to a degree? I know you can't tint the windsheildNot legally cause they are already at the legal limit, however, that hasn't stopped everyone ;)

Ferengo
15th December 2008, 10:35 AM
Not legally cause they are already at the legal limit, however, that hasn't stopped everyone ;)

Cheers Gismo. Think I'll just stick to the back ones. Found a cool kit on Ebay I might try. If it works I'll do a how to and post the template if that's ok? Cheers.

Gismo
15th December 2008, 11:20 AM
Cheers Gismo. Think I'll just stick to the back ones. Found a cool kit on Ebay I might try. If it works I'll do a how to and post the template if that's ok? Cheers.Nice one :thumbs up:

Crombers
15th December 2008, 08:43 PM
Fit yer badge mate, each to their own.

I like the Ecurie Ecosse badges that Malcolm & Euan have on their's & if I'm not mistaken the Elfmeister has a very subtle Playmini Badge that's worth nickin, em sorry admiring :hand:

N12 JLK
16th December 2008, 07:11 PM
put it on your car if you want, the new jcw badges for the new R56 Jcw look very nice but at £50 a pop its way to expensive.

Ferengo
16th December 2008, 08:18 PM
put it on your car if you want, the new jcw badges for the new R56 Jcw look very nice but at £50 a pop its way to expensive.

Have spent the pennies on getting the windows tinted now. Did I see that you got a JCW? Very cool but please tell me you still have that laser blue S? That looked awesome :cool:.

illegalhunter
16th December 2008, 09:48 PM
As soon as it arrives from Ebay lol

john
16th December 2008, 09:55 PM
As soon as it arrives from Ebay lol

so it was you that outbid me:hand:

N12 JLK
17th December 2008, 12:01 PM
Have spent the pennies on getting the windows tinted now. Did I see that you got a JCW? Very cool but please tell me you still have that laser blue S? That looked awesome :cool:.

No thats away, sounded like a bag of nails every time I started it, steering was pants, clutch was slipping from 3rd to 2nd ( I think CraigD had the same prob on that), It was one of the first R56 S's and it had too many faults, the new car is SSSSSSSSooooooooooo much better in every way. The blue car was good to look at but thats all. Red car is much better overall.

Ferengo
18th December 2008, 03:51 PM
No thats away, sounded like a bag of nails every time I started it, steering was pants, clutch was slipping from 3rd to 2nd ( I think CraigD had the same prob on that), It was one of the first R56 S's and it had too many faults, the new car is SSSSSSSSooooooooooo much better in every way. The blue car was good to look at but thats all. Red car is much better overall.

And I thought I had problems with my R56. Best rid of it then.

N12 JLK
21st December 2008, 10:25 AM
And I thought I had problems with my R56. Best rid of it then.

New car is brill but its just an S not a JCW ( must say it has the look in someways of one though IMO)

john
21st December 2008, 12:23 PM
:off topic::smilewinkgrin:

ELFMAN
23rd December 2008, 08:01 PM
£50 for a JCW badge? Cheap as chips! Mine cost me Three Grand (it did come with the 210 engine though!) I had the JCW brakes and Suspension - but no JCW badges - for ages. I reckon having a badge with no mods is fine if that's what you want, but it means you're talking the talk, but not necessarily walking the walk..... on the other hand, the badges can add a wee finishing touch to your car, and it IS flying the flag. Rather than spending £100 on two badges, I'd save up for a decent exhaust - you know it makes sense!

Crombers
24th December 2008, 10:10 AM
Rather than spending £100 on two badges, I'd save up for a decent exhaust - you know it makes sense!

Hail the Elfmeister :thumbs up:

Stewart
25th December 2008, 11:18 AM
Have to say I don’t like fake badges, its either JCW or not…..Had a friend that had M5 on his car ad apart from the wheels and a few things inside the car that was about it…other friend had a new M5 the real deal and it was like **** of the proverbial shovel even if I did not really like it I appreciated its engineering……….So if it not the full conversion I would not have anything on my car…….

But in the end it’s a bit of fun………and your car.:thumbs up:

Guy near by has a GP and I have to say I don’t like it……..I found it was like Pimp my ride on a Mini but I do like the more standard works and might try one next year…

john
27th December 2008, 08:43 PM
My first race mini was a 'COOPER CLUBSPORT'

It had a roll cage, Spax suspension, JCW rear silencer (not a full system)
drivers side had JCW harness and seat and a battery cut off.

It had JCW stickers and the only engine mod was an air filter and a JCW badge on the rocker cover with a serial number:smilewinkgrin:

Go put on your badge its you car your badge dont let others make up your mind for you:computer: :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
28th December 2008, 01:04 AM
Go put on your badge its you car your badge dont let others make up your mind for you:computer: :thumbs up:

But then, he did ask us.

A.:confused: