PDA

View Full Version : S Spokes on a R56

Scottie
13th December 2008, 06:41 PM
What do you think yes or no.

I'm thinking yes saw ones fitted to a R56 on Mini2 and thought they looked good.

Opinions???

In the mean time I'm thinking my pace alloys done in matt black by wheelrefurbished.co.uk anyone used these guys?????. We use them at work for the Ranger Rovers wheels and Porsche wheels and the Merc I've seen a few wheels come back from them and they look good but expensive a RR wheel fixed £150 a wheel.

Craig
13th December 2008, 07:43 PM
Weefossy has S Spokes on their Clubman and I think it looks :cool::cool::cool:

As for that company... They sponsor Chris Knox :thumbs up: So if you do go to them, remember and give him a mention, it will be good for you and him ;)

John (illegalhunter) and Aerojonny have used them and praised their work. I think john said he was only about £35 per wheel to get done, however that was a couple of years ago when he had his R56S :smilewinkgrin:

They will be getting a set of wheels from me to do over the winter... :yes nod::yes nod:

Scottie
13th December 2008, 08:15 PM
Weefossy has S Spokes on their Clubman and I think it looks :cool::cool::cool:

As for that company... They sponsor Chris Knox :thumbs up: So if you do go to them, remember and give him a mention, it will be good for you and him ;)

John (illegalhunter) and Aerojonny have used them and praised their work. I think john said he was only about £35 per wheel to get done, however that was a couple of years ago when he had his R56S :smilewinkgrin:

They will be getting a set of wheels from me to do over the winter... :yes nod::yes nod:

£43+vat per corner now with 2 day turn round.

Craig
13th December 2008, 09:41 PM
that still seems like good value, especially as they are getting good reviews.. ;)

Scottie
13th December 2008, 09:56 PM
that still seems like good value, especially as they are getting good reviews.. ;)

got myself a better deal now.:cool::thumbs up:

Craig
13th December 2008, 10:00 PM
got myself a better deal now.:cool::thumbs up:

with them or someone else? did you do as I said ?;)

Scottie
13th December 2008, 10:06 PM
with them or someone else? did you do as I said ?;)

with them.:smilewinkgrin:

buying refurb S Spokes from them and getting the Pace done in Matt Black.

However I've got another problem as he has told me he can do the S Spokes in any colour he has in stock.

If I was brave enough I would go for a deep red

I've seen the S Spokes in shiny black and that didn't do it for me so I might be better sticking to Silver.

Craig
13th December 2008, 10:08 PM
good stuff - hoping to get a good deal from them also this winter as I have a set of 18's to get done.. :thumbs up:

as for the colour.... you always have another set to put on and you can then get them re-coloured if you don't like them... ;)

illegalhunter
13th December 2008, 11:44 PM
S Spokes will look great

Scottie
13th December 2008, 11:45 PM
S Spokes will look great

the deal has been done:thumbs up: the chap I have been emailing has been great. He would have to be to put up with all my questions.:blush:;)

Crombers
14th December 2008, 12:52 AM
'S' spokes & MINI , the modern day version of Mini & Minilight :thumbs up:

'S' Spokes = classic alloys ;)

KenL
14th December 2008, 11:02 AM
In the mean time I'm thinking my pace alloys done in matt black

No, they they look brilliant as they are ;)

weefossy
14th December 2008, 05:56 PM
There is only one wheel for the mini ..... The "S" Spoke
Thought Big Gordy's S spokes looked great in black.
Fi think a nice dark red would look good, especially as you have arches colour coded with bodywork.
Does anyone have a set of "S" spokes for sale?

Contradiction..... also like Elfman's wheels, they are very traditional.

Scottie
14th December 2008, 06:29 PM
Fi think a nice dark red would look good, especially as you have arches colour coded with bodywork.
Does anyone have a set of "S" spokes for sale?

Contradiction..... also like Elfman's wheels, they are very traditional.

went for the colour Titanium Silver on the S Spokes.

ianking
14th December 2008, 07:35 PM
I just sold a set of S Spokes 2 weeks ago. Didnt think anyone was after those types anymore.

The Dogfather
14th December 2008, 08:49 PM
They're a bit heavy, the crown spokes which are they're replacement are a lot lighter I think.

Big Gordy
14th December 2008, 10:15 PM

Why thank you Malcolm:thumbs up: The base coat is black but with a matt laquer it makes them a kinda satin finish which i really liked:D

Crombers
15th December 2008, 08:51 PM
I just sold a set of S Spokes 2 weeks ago. Didnt think anyone was after those types anymore.

:confused:

I hedge my bet that in years to come these will be the wheels to be with :thumbs up:

Crombers
15th December 2008, 08:52 PM

Lookin forward to seeing these :yes nod: , any pics

Crombers
15th December 2008, 08:53 PM

The Guv'nor has spoken :yes nod: :thumbs up: :cool:

Scottie
15th December 2008, 09:51 PM
Lookin forward to seeing these :yes nod: , any pics

not yet the S Spokes will be ready tomorrow but Allan is not free until Wednesday to collect them:ragin::ragin:

Not putting the tyres on until I have put about 40 million coats of wax and jetseal on them, then I think bugger it take my federals through and ask them to fit and balance the wheels.:blush:

RyanK
15th December 2008, 09:56 PM

Looking forward to seeing this, should look ace :thumbs up:

Scottie
16th December 2008, 10:31 PM
Allan managed to squeeze in sometime today and collected my wheels.

Here they are on the car. Photo taken with iphone so not to great but will get better ones when the car is clean.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/dc87bc3b.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/dc7c1461.jpg

Gismo
16th December 2008, 10:33 PM
Looks good Fi :cool: red ones wouldn't have worked :frown: not with the calipers

Edit: Nice to see it a wee bit maky too :Whistle: :D

Scottie
16th December 2008, 10:35 PM
I know it's dirty waiting on nice weather to give it a clean and fit my new indicator scuttles.

mikeythemini
16th December 2008, 10:40 PM
Was just going to ask where the scuttles are - thought you had sold them ;)

Scottie
16th December 2008, 10:44 PM
Was just going to ask where the scuttles are - thought you had sold them ;)

NO sell them:eek::eek: they are tucked up down by the side of my bed I look at them every night and morning.:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

but they will go nice with the colour of these wheels.:cool:

Craig
16th December 2008, 11:06 PM
and now I know what colour to make my wheels when they get refurbed in the new year.. :thumbs up:

looking :cool::cool: Fi,

take it the quality was good then and you are happy? Did they refit the tyres and balance them etc for you ?

Scottie
16th December 2008, 11:10 PM
and now I know what colour to make my wheels when they get refurbed in the new year.. :thumbs up:

looking :cool::cool: Fi,

take it the quality was good then and you are happy? Did they refit the tyres and balance them etc for you ?

i've not seen them in the flesh as the car was back in it's garage by the time I got home, however Allan has told me they are stunning and the job is excellent he was really pleased with them:cool:

weefossy
16th December 2008, 11:12 PM
Looking good FI. Looks like a good job.
Ian, that's typical and just my luck. Anyone else got a set for sale, cause as Cromber's wisely says, they will be at a premium in the future, hence why I want to try and get another set now.

Craig
16th December 2008, 11:15 PM
i've not seen them in the flesh as the car was back in it's garage by the time I got home, however Allan has told me they are stunning and the job is excellent he was really pleased with them:cool:

good stuff. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

so they did the whole thing including putting the tyres back on?:confused: