PDA

View Full Version : One for the R56 Owners

DerekM
12th December 2008, 10:00 PM
Thinking of changing our MCSC shortly, and a new mini is under consideration. However, one of the pet hates with the car is how the wipers send all the water around the A-pillar, and onto the drivers side window. At this time of year, with all the salt, it makes it ever more difficult to see out after a journey of any distance. It seems that other cars have a neat lip on the edge of the screen to duct the water away.

Therefore, can I ask those with an R56 if this is an issue on the newer cars, or have BMW engineered it out.

Bazthemod
12th December 2008, 10:55 PM
This annoys hell out of me too!

I am currently waiting to collect my R56 Cooper from dealer but all the R56's that i have test driven have not had this issue :thumbs up:

Scottie
12th December 2008, 11:27 PM
It's not brillant TBH.

The Dogfather
13th December 2008, 12:14 AM
R56s still do it, ok R55 do :D

AndyP & Lenore
13th December 2008, 01:47 AM
Yeah, still a problem.:frown:

To be honest, there's a rule in the Poole household to only squirt a tiny bit of water on the windscreen at a time, so as to avoid that very issue. Headlights have to be turned off if it is not dark and they are really required, so as to avoid the auto headlamp washers coming on. Washers should be used when stationery as much as possible to reduce the risk of the dirty water streaming down the side windows. The list goes on...

A.

Crombers
13th December 2008, 07:37 AM
It's a MINI thing, live with it ;)

Bazthemod
13th December 2008, 08:23 AM
I have got xenons on the new motor i hear they make a mess up side of car with their wash system too?

Ach worth it i guess! :p:D

leighj
13th December 2008, 11:28 AM
that annoys me too! i hate it, i just try and use them as little as possible, but with this weather it aint possible!

Gismo
13th December 2008, 01:59 PM
one of the pet hates with the car is how the wipers send all the water around the A-pillar, and onto the drivers side window

Yeah, still a problem.:frown:

To be honest, there's a rule in the Poole household to only squirt a tiny bit of water on the windscreen at a time, so as to avoid that very issue. Headlights have to be turned off if it is not dark and they are really required, so as to avoid the auto headlamp washers coming on. Washers should be used when stationery as much as possible to reduce the risk of the dirty water streaming down the side windows. The list goes on...

A.I'm speechless :eek: maybe BMW need to invent a rag to wipe away the residue after the headlamp washers have worked :thud:

AndyP & Lenore
13th December 2008, 02:00 PM
I'm speechless :eek: maybe BMW need to invent a rag to wipe away the residue after the headlamp washers have worked :thud:

Now that's not a bad idea. I don't care what folk say Alan, you're not as daft as you look.:thumbs up::moonie:

A.:D

KenL
13th December 2008, 05:31 PM
Can't say I've ever noticed this, so not a problem to me.

I have been using my scooshers a lot lately. The reservoir is defo too small, I filled it and emptied it in 5 days - 250 miles!

AndyP & Lenore
13th December 2008, 05:38 PM
Can't say I've ever noticed this, so not a problem to me.

You must drive like a fanny.:moonie::moonie::moonie:

A.:thumbs up:

DerekM
13th December 2008, 05:43 PM
I'm speechless :eek: maybe BMW need to invent a rag to wipe away the residue after the headlamp washers have worked :thud:

I'm pleased you seem not to be similarly affected. Perhaps the factory broke the mould after they built your car.

gauldrymini
13th December 2008, 09:45 PM
Yeap you get mucky windows on the R56s...even worse is you driving style is a bit spirited sometimes;)

Andrew

Gismo
14th December 2008, 07:45 AM
I'm pleased you seem not to be similarly affected. Perhaps the factory broke the mould after they built your car.I am affected by it, but i didn't consider it when buying the car, besides, it gives me the exact look on the car i like ;)

KenL
14th December 2008, 11:00 AM
You must drive like a fanny.:moonie::moonie::moonie:

A.:thumbs up:

Why thank you :hand:

Ferengo
14th December 2008, 05:01 PM
I get the same issue on my R56. I find that Ithe drives side mucks up easily. Drove from just outside Inverness to Dunde the other day and managed to empty the jet washers from FULL!!! I find a good trick is not to use undiluted formula. When I use it straight the drivers side mucks up so bad I can't see out of it, but when I do 50% Formula 50% water it's semi transparent and doesn't freeze.