PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Section.

bazzaric
12th December 2008, 12:37 PM
It might be worthwhile making it so that the seller has to state a price in both the For sale section and the Trade section. This makes the process of buying a lot easier, and stops offending offers being made

Ferengo
16th December 2008, 12:48 PM
Thing is even if you did this it wouldn't really stop offers. You always get people on ebay offering you money for an item with a buy it now or that is up for auction. Nice idea but don't think it would stop it.

Forbes
16th December 2008, 01:01 PM
But it does stop things like someone offering £100 for something the seller reckons is worth £200, that is a slap in the face with a wet fish for the seller. Most other forums do it that way, stops the "testing the water" threads.

euan
16th December 2008, 01:57 PM
Well, sellers should know what they want for items, so make it offers about X should solve the problem.

To be fair, there has been a lot of threads in the for sale of late that just state offers and there a quite a few new members on here recently who may not know the value of stuff, so people might be doing themselves out of a sale by not including a price, even if it is a guide.

Personally, I find the "offers" option puts me off an ad.

The Dogfather
23rd December 2008, 04:39 PM
I'm with you on this, wastes a lot of time on both side IMO.

Gismo
23rd December 2008, 06:11 PM
All fair and valid points, however, it's up to the individual seller to state a price, often you'll find that no offers are made until an actual price is inserted into the thread

bazzaric
23rd December 2008, 09:38 PM
I think my point was that it's hard to judge what has been offered/has not been offered and the seller should, if they wish to sell, state a price.

I may spend time writing a PM or email to someone to offer them £30 for a £50 item, when they have already been inundated with offers at £30, £31, etc

Maybe all offers should be made in the thread, or the seller must state what offers they have had?

euan
30th December 2008, 09:44 AM
Did I have a reply removed from here? Why?

Craig
30th December 2008, 11:15 AM
not guilty Euan.... also it looks like it was a "hard" delete (ie can't be seen by the mods). Maybe Andy or Gismo can update you... :smilewinkgrin:

Gismo
30th December 2008, 06:08 PM
not guilty Euan.... also it looks like it was a "hard" delete (ie can't be seen by the mods). Maybe Andy or Gismo can update you... :smilewinkgrin:Not guilty

Edit: i can't find any info in the logs to show who did it, so, are you sure you posted it here??

euan
31st December 2008, 11:14 AM
I know I did, as I'd checked to see if anyone had commented on it the day after! Very odd indeed!

Maybe it went walkies in the move, who knows. Don't worry about it.