PDA

View Full Version : A couple of movies...

AndyP & Lenore
12th December 2008, 12:52 AM
We've watched recently.:popcorn:

The Invasion - Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig. Poor shot, poorly acted, terrible 3rd remake on Don Seigel's 1956 classic thriller. There's just no sense of threat, no sense of panic, no sense of worry for Kidman or her kid. Daniel Craig is wooden and it looks like it was edited with a guy concentrating on something else. No wonder no-one came to see it.:frown:

Gone Baby Gone - Casey Affleck and Michelle Monaghan. Terrific story. Based on the book by Dennis Lehane. Stylishly directed by Ben Affleck with his brother in the top role playing a private detective searching for a lost girl. Some great twists which if I'm honest I saw a couple of them, but the last one did floor me. Then with a heart wrenching moral dilemma facing Affleck at the end it left you searching your own mind about what you would do. Not exactly a feel-good movie, and I can see why it was delayed from release during the Madeleine search, but a good movie all the same. Still not surprised it didn't find an audience as these films just don't unless there's stronger pedigree than the Afleck bros involved.

But, Michelle Monaghan - yummmmm.:yes nod:

Anyone else seen these?

A.:D

john
12th December 2008, 01:01 AM
You have yet to watch ONE DAY REMOVALS :)

Sheilz
12th December 2008, 01:02 AM
Not me. If there was a dunce cap for knowing anything about films I'd have it. Not a film hack at all. It isnt as if I dont like films just cant be bothered. Going to the flicks in Aberdeen anyway is too expensive and not very uncomfortable. I'm too lazy to bother with hiring them so when it comes to buying films I dont have a clue about what to buy hence the preponderence of Disney films on the shelf. Sad git eh?

audrey
12th December 2008, 01:27 AM
Seen Gone Baby Gone really enjoyed it.Not sur about the ending though :frown:

illegalhunter
12th December 2008, 08:32 AM
Are you filling in for J Ross lol

Big Gordy
12th December 2008, 09:18 AM
What's the inside track Andy on the remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still...?? From the trailers I've see on cooncil telly it looks braw:popcorn:

AndyP & Lenore
12th December 2008, 11:42 AM
Gordy, it opened on Wednesday to a reasonable audience. Certainly waaaay more folk in for it than I expected, because from the trailers we've had in the cinema it looks awful. I would agree the trailers on the telly look much better. I just wish they'd cut a couple of new trailers for us. We're certainly not looking for TDTESS to save Christmas. Couple of good movies over Christmas for a wide audience.:thumbs up:

A.