PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

john
11th December 2008, 08:06 PM
I want to insure two cars but obviously can only use my no claims for one?
Any advice welcome.

Choc don't even think about it:hand:

AndyP & Lenore
11th December 2008, 08:19 PM
When we bought our red mini we insured it with our existing insurance company for our FL2. As I had an unblemished record for 18 years they allowed me to copy the no-claims across to the extra vehicle. Then once that years policy was up for renewal (two weeks ago) I got a "Proof of no claims" certificate for 6 years!

So, if you can, try your existing Ins co. You may find them happy to offer you waaaay more than the traditional "introductory" 25%. The only thing is you wont be able to protect the no claims bonus on both cars when you insure both with the same insurer. However in a years time when you are dealling with two insurance companies you can protect them both.

But the bigger questiosn here is.... what's the new motor?:Whistle:

A.:thumbs up:

Craig
11th December 2008, 08:28 PM
does Admiral Multi-Car not cover this exact situation?

AndyP & Lenore
11th December 2008, 08:34 PM
Suppose it does but I called Admiral when the red MINI was up for renewal with Elephant and they said they would happily give me a multi-car price for the red MINI providing I promised to take the FL2 to them when it was up for renewal. However, if I didn't take the FL2 to them, the insurance price would be "reviewed" when the time came. I didn't like the vagueness of that.

Also, the idiot on the phone was insisting that my car "couldn't possibly be an automatic as well as a JCW, as MINI never made the JCW with an automatic gearbox." I asked him how I had two sitting on my drive then. Call ended.:frown:

A.:D

john
11th December 2008, 08:48 PM
But the bigger questiosn here is.... what's the new motor?:Whistle:

A.:thumbs up:

Thanks for that :smilewinkgrin:

Cooper's' JCW:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
11th December 2008, 08:55 PM
Thanks for that :smilewinkgrin:

Very nice.:thumbs up:

Crombers
11th December 2008, 09:40 PM
Both of my cars insured with Adrian Flux, one slightly modded MINI (12 Years NCD) & a 03 Punto (brand new policy this year, zero NCD) , happy with the prices paid :thumbs up:

Gismo
12th December 2008, 12:12 AM
I want to insure two cars but obviously can only use my no claims for one?So, what you bought then??

AndyP & Lenore
12th December 2008, 12:20 AM

So, what you bought then??

Read the thread, man.:rolleyes::moonie:

A.

Gismo
12th December 2008, 12:40 AM
Read the thread, man.:rolleyes::moonie:

A.
:Whistle:

Sheilz
12th December 2008, 12:44 AM
I think Direct Line may be useful to you. Especially if you put yourself on the second only as a named driver because do they not give named driver's no claims too? I may be wrong but think I read them advertising something along those lines.