PDA

View Full Version : Damn & Blast

Gismo
11th December 2008, 07:55 PM
Arghhhhhh :argh: feckin printers, bought a new Epson PX700W printer, removed all the packaging and the sticky tabs, turned it on only to get an error message, turn it off and on again :frown:
Sounds like it's trying to move some internal parts but it aint moving, now the hassle of trying to print stuff i need for a meeting tomorrow :argh: :argh: :nag:

AndyP & Lenore
11th December 2008, 07:58 PM
Alan, I know what the problem is. I had the same problem with my Epson printer. Easy fix....

Take it back and buy a proper printer - like a HP.:laugh:

A.;)

Craig
11th December 2008, 07:59 PM
I take it there wasn't some packaging in the internals stopping the carriage moving that you didn't remove ?

I never buy Epson printers as they used to put some code into the printer so that when it got to so many prints, it would dump the cartridges onto the inside of the printer, rendering it unuseable... :argh::argh: Don't know if that practice is still going...

AndyP & Lenore
11th December 2008, 08:05 PM
Also, (and I know this may be teaching grannie to suck eggs), did you install the ink cartidges?:confused:

A.

mini saltire
11th December 2008, 08:15 PM
LOL Nice one Andy. I find that if you smash seven shades out of it with hammer that it still won't print but..... you'll feel lots better!!:thumbs up: