PDA

View Full Version : New guy

scotty86
10th December 2008, 01:24 AM
hey hey guys just joined the sight... looks superb :thumbs up:

not actually an owner of a new mini (yet) but its in the pipeline. have and do own old school mini... but looking to change to the modernday mini adventure!

so guys any heads up on buying a new mini would be greatfully recieved as aint really got alot of knowledge about them...

p.s. buying one next month i hope :yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
10th December 2008, 01:38 AM
Hey Scottie, and :welcome:

As for buying a new MINI. There are endless options and depends on your budget, what you want from a car and what you need from a car, do you want new or used etc., etc.

Suggest you speak to one of our site sponsors; Mark Dryden of Saltire Vehicles or John Clark MINI in Dundee. They'll steer you right.

A.:D

scotty86
10th December 2008, 02:10 AM
budget around 5-6k

looking for clean example below 50 thou with SH

model type not to fussed...

things iv seen i like... the pepper pot wheels :confused: for some reasson i like them... eh and i like the panoramic roof idea...

colours like most colours lol

as much new mini for my money with as many extra's- not asking much lol...

cheers for reply mate

Craig
10th December 2008, 08:41 AM
:welcome: Scotty.

You just missed Baz;s car, it would have been perfect and at the right price... ;)

you will have a large choice at that price range, however they will be the earlier cars (anything from 51 to 53 plate). Most expensive thing to look out for is gearbox and steering problems. If it doesn't feel or drive right then walk away..

Best of luck with the search and as Andy says, Saltire Vehicles or JC's could make your search easier... :smilewinkgrin:

BigStuff
10th December 2008, 10:19 AM
Welcome from a fellow newbie.

At your budget i'd maybe talk to a couple of stealers to look out for something just over 50k miles that they won't retail as cherished. could be a way of getting more bang for your buck:thumbs up:

Gismo
10th December 2008, 10:28 AM
:welcome: what they all said, good luck with search

AndyP & Lenore
10th December 2008, 10:28 AM
Welcome from a fellow newbie.

At your budget i'd maybe talk to a couple of stealers to look out for something just over 50k miles that they won't retail as cherished. could be a way of getting more bang for your buck:thumbs up:

Yeah, what he said.:thumbs up:

The dealers often get stuff in which is too old to put on their cherished scheme, so they look to punt them off to traders, but are usually happy to sell on to individual customers. Not sure what warranty they offer though. Pretty sure Ian King has bought a MINI on that basis, he may be along soon to offer his wisdom.

BigStuff
10th December 2008, 02:44 PM
Yeah, what he said.:thumbs up:

The dealers often get stuff in which is too old to put on their cherished scheme, so they look to punt them off to traders, but are usually happy to sell on to individual customers. Not sure what warranty they offer though. Pretty sure Ian King has bought a MINI on that basis, he may be along soon to offer his wisdom.

Would be a trade sale. Effectively sold as seen. You'd need to go aftermarket if you want a warranty. Maybe worth it though;)

RyanK
10th December 2008, 03:17 PM
Welcome to NMS :)

Good luck on finding the perfect example!

Crombers
10th December 2008, 05:35 PM
Welcome to NMSland :cool: & best of luck with your search for a car, it's a buyers market :thumbs up:

stoney
10th December 2008, 05:52 PM
:welcome: (a.k.a the mad house ) hope you find a mini soon :thumbs up::yes nod:

Hamish
10th December 2008, 07:05 PM
welcome, enjoy... as i say to all new members, this really is a great site, with loads of friendly members, i'm fairly new still, but have been made to feel at home ... :D

Have fun, good luck with the search on a mini... and don't forget, once you get one... a gallery thread of your car and mods is a must!!! :popcorn:

ianking
10th December 2008, 08:03 PM
hi and welcome.

Ive got a 52 plate cooper in white going up for sale at the turn of the year.

P.M me if you want more details.

Colin
10th December 2008, 10:21 PM
:welcome:

scotty86
10th December 2008, 10:50 PM
cheers for the info guys

and any1 who is selling there mini soon give me a shout :thumbs up:

RyanK
10th December 2008, 11:13 PM
me too hopefuly selling soon. I'l pm you when confirmed

audrey
11th December 2008, 12:39 AM
Hi Scotty ;bigwave:Hope you get your mini soon they are FAB :thumbs up:

J444 JNY
11th December 2008, 10:11 AM
:welcome:

Bumble
11th December 2008, 07:52 PM
:welcome: and ;bigwave:

Duncan Stewart
12th December 2008, 09:03 PM
:D Hi & Welcome :D

scotty86
13th December 2008, 07:57 PM
guys you might not like this but i am contimplating an ep honda civic sport...

its between a mini coop or an ep sport??

go on hit me with advantages to the mini??

Craig
13th December 2008, 09:39 PM
Benefits of a MINI

1. it aint a granny honda civic :moonie:

2. the handling of the MINI is MUCH better than the civic

3. there are much nicer people in the MINI scene and you could have some great days/nights out with us :thumbs up:

4. the MINI will hold it's value better.

5. there is a wealth of info and advice here that you might not get on oldgranniescivic.co.uk :smilewinkgrin:

that help?

oh aye - I've just had a kick in the wedding veg from Jude as she has a civic :thud::knife:

Bazthemod
13th December 2008, 09:58 PM
me too hopefuly selling soon. I'l pm you when confirmed

Are you joining the dark side with me ? :p Mini One club no more! :D

P.S Welcome to the site :thumbs up:

scotty86
13th December 2008, 10:07 PM
Benefits of a MINI

1. it aint a granny honda civic :moonie:

2. the handling of the MINI is MUCH better than the civic

3. there are much nicer people in the MINI scene and you could have some great days/nights out with us :thumbs up:

4. the MINI will hold it's value better.

5. there is a wealth of info and advice here that you might not get on oldgranniescivic.co.uk :smilewinkgrin:

that help?

oh aye - I've just had a kick in the wedding veg from Jude as she has a civic :thud::knife:

deff a help bud!!!

any1 else??

Craig
13th December 2008, 10:11 PM
in fact as your only in Falkirk and I am in Denny, I could meet you and take you for a quick blast so you can see what a MINI is like... ;)

let me know if you want to see the car. :smilewinkgrin:

scotty86
13th December 2008, 10:22 PM
mate... that would be superb!!!

am actually really warming to the new mini... had a couple classic mini's and loved the 'community' feel of a mini and this is just the same! except with the new mini :D

i have had a shot of cooper well i say a shot- i got to move it all of 500 yards lol so not sure of what its capabilites are ;)

gimme a shout when your free bud and we can sort somat out :thumbs up:

Craig
13th December 2008, 10:26 PM
well I am day shift next week so so any night during week we could do, so just PM me your number and we can sort something out... ;)

Once you've been in a MINI then you won't be thinking about a civic...:yes nod:

ouch - just had another kick from Jude... :thud::Whistle:

Gismo
14th December 2008, 07:43 AM
Might be better if someone who can actually drive a mini properly gave you a demo :Whistle: :moonie: :D

Mini Ecosse
14th December 2008, 11:19 AM
Might be better if someone who can actually drive a mini properly gave you a demo :Whistle: :moonie: :D

:eek: :D:D:D

Craig
14th December 2008, 11:53 AM

yeah whatever old boy.... :rolleyes: you need an S just to keep up... :moonie:

scotty86
17th December 2008, 01:42 PM
big shout out to craig for the test drive last night...

top man :thumbs up: and i have been converted- no honda thoughts anymore!

MINI all the way:D

cheers again craig!!!

Craig
17th December 2008, 05:04 PM
Good Man Scott - happy to help. :thumbs up: