PDA

View Full Version : Forums open again!

AndyP & Lenore
9th December 2008, 02:11 PM
OK Folks we appreciate every-one's patience during the switch from one hosting company to another. A job which we understood would take "overnight" ended up taking considerably more. Whilst this is regrettable, there will hopefully be no more interruptions to service. I don't want to get into the why's and who's, but this is a good move from a site stability and reliability point of view.

There will be some tweaking required to some settings on the new server and this won't happen immediately. As we find issues and error's they will be fixed. If anyone finds something doesn't work, or something missing please PM either The Gismo Man, Craig or myself or post in this thread (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=16220)and we will look into it as soon as possible.

I know for a fact, at the moment, it is not possible to attach images to posts. This will be rectified ASAP.

All the best.

AndyP

Craig
9th December 2008, 05:16 PM
Thank God this is working again.... had to talk to Jude for the last 6 nights... :thud::Whistle:

rpn
9th December 2008, 06:37 PM
:clap:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w214/rpn48/woot.gif

Crombers
9th December 2008, 07:26 PM
Hi, thought I'd introduce myself :thumbs up:, my name is Crombers & I drive a MINI :D

The Dogfather
9th December 2008, 08:14 PM
Great you're back, I'll let the refugees know :D

Smitty
9th December 2008, 09:03 PM
GOD! That was tough work - I actually had to be productive in the evenings!! :eek:

Good work guys :thumbs up:

The Dogfather
9th December 2008, 09:44 PM
The domain servers haven't all been updated yet, Baz says he still can't see the site

Craig
9th December 2008, 09:51 PM
that might explain it Paul as my phone still doesn't work but all my other connections work... ;)

Hamish
9th December 2008, 10:05 PM
streuth, i was panicking... i thought i'd lost an arm!!! Welcome to NMS everyone lol... really glad its back up and running... its good to talk :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
9th December 2008, 10:33 PM
Those who can't see the new site may well be dragging the site from their PC's cache. I suggest they clear their cache and temp Internet files to view the new site.

However, Craig has done all that with his phone and still see's the old site. Weird.:confused:

A.

The Dogfather
9th December 2008, 11:53 PM
Andy, the changes just haven't propagated through the Domain Name Servers yet.

Gismo
10th December 2008, 12:08 AM
Andy, the changes just haven't propagated through the Domain Name Servers yet.Correct, please allow 24 hours for full propogation to occur :computer:

Burple
10th December 2008, 12:16 AM
It.... It's.... ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!! :thumbs up::cool::D;bigwave:

Mini Me
10th December 2008, 01:13 AM
some tweaking required :hand:

AndyP

Aha, maybee if spent less time doin that(saucey mr p) you would have been quicker:p;)..
LOL, dont understand the rest of the replies:argh: but it's GRRREAT to se you back again .

AndyP & Lenore
10th December 2008, 01:19 AM
Aha, maybee if spent less time doin that(saucey mr p) you would have been quicker:p;)..
LOL, dont understand the rest of the replies:argh: but it's GRRREAT to se you back again .

It wasny me that was slower than a wee lassie going for sour milk in a net bag ya bald taxi driver ya.:moonie: It was the old hosts. Well rid, IMHO.:thumbs up:

A.:D

Gismo
10th December 2008, 10:36 AM
works ok on my iphone

Craig
10th December 2008, 10:57 AM
working ok on my phone now. These dns servers dont half take their time. . :-)

euan
10th December 2008, 11:15 AM
Indeed - only just resolved itself so I can see this again!

Typical IT project though - extended timescales, missed deadlines, disappointed users - And I can say that as I work I IT so I know these things can take their time!

Gismo
10th December 2008, 08:32 PM
Edit: That's the picture posting fixed