PDA

View Full Version : see this Stop/Start eco thing.....

Stewart
2nd December 2008, 10:30 PM
Just thought I’d ask…..see this Stop/Start eco thing, I take it it only works above a certain outside temperature? I’ve been out in the Cooper the last few days – short journeys and its not came on or switched off to save fuel as it were………….but the outside frost warning has come on every time.....

Also Got my Cooper nearly new so got close to my spec but god do I miss the mirror defrost…….its a sad day when a new 7K fiat panda make my mini look so poor in the basics department……….. New ford focus on the drive takes 3 minutes from frost and if I set the time I want to leave starts up and does it all keyless and safe……..wish the mini did this………Had a few neighbours watch in wonder as the car Auto melts……..Fantastic……..

N12 JLK
2nd December 2008, 10:48 PM
Yes, it only works above 3 degrees (I feel a song coming on).

Also, I didn't spec heated mirrors but they seem to clear when I put the rear window heater on, give that a try.

I must say I really miss my heated windscreen. Had to scrape the ice off the car at the train station tonight:sad:

The Dogfather
2nd December 2008, 11:21 PM
Never had call to use mine yet, its always garaged overnight so no frost

illegalhunter
2nd December 2008, 11:41 PM

Also, I didn't spec heated mirrors but they seem to clear when I put the rear window heater on, give that a try.

I must say I really miss my heated windscreen. Had to scrape the ice off the car at the train station tonight:sad:
you hated that screen

AndyP & Lenore
3rd December 2008, 12:54 AM

Time to kick Jason's ass Lesley. He said you never used it.:Whistle:

A.:moonie:

Stewart
3rd December 2008, 11:22 AM
See if you had our Focus you could set multiple times for your car so it clears, example being at 7am its clear totally, if you set it for 6:30 PM at the train station you’ll come back to a clear car…..Best thing I’ve seen in a car for Scotland.

Hit solid ice yesterday and wished I’d got DSC as well……….just that slight slip that makes you pish yourself.:blush:

Have to try the trick with the Rear screen on…………see if it clears them.

lowrider
3rd December 2008, 07:56 PM
Climate on mine has a defrost setting 5 mins = frost free...... alllllright !

N12 JLK
3rd December 2008, 08:12 PM
Time to kick Jason's ass Lesley. He said you never used it.:Whistle:

A.:moonie:

I think so Andy:rolleyes: