PDA

View Full Version : tapping noise

T5LLC
2nd December 2008, 11:31 AM
has anyone with the r56 had problems with there tappits or something on the lines of that, i was in at menzies but because my car was warm they didnt hear a noise but its got worse so seeked advice else where and they think thats what it is, any ideas? its only happend since its first service.

ianking
2nd December 2008, 11:59 AM
We had a very early R56 Cooper for a while and it made that noise from day 1 until we sold it 8 months later. Menzies told me it was fine but I wasnt convinced. It was worse when cold.

T5LLC
2nd December 2008, 04:16 PM
yeah they said it was fine, but other garages have said other wise. so its going in for a cold start soon so hope they can fix it.

..S-J..
2nd December 2008, 05:41 PM
Sometimes my car can sound like a right tractor on a cold start.

Can this be fixed?

Craig
2nd December 2008, 06:48 PM
Sometimes my car can sound like a right tractor on a cold start.

Can this be fixed?

ah. that old chestnut... Thats not a fault, it's a characteristic of the vehicle according to MINI and dealers.. :thud::Whistle:

T5LLC
2nd December 2008, 06:52 PM
they said today when i called that theres new checks been added on there internal internet about the tapping noise and they should now be able to fix it.

..S-J..
2nd December 2008, 07:52 PM
ah. that old chestnut... Thats not a fault, it's a characteristic of the vehicle according to MINI and dealers.. :thud::Whistle:

Its embarrassing driving when your car sounds like that :argh:

My r56 cooper never made that noise either did my mums r56 cooper s

KenL
2nd December 2008, 09:01 PM
The "tractor" noise is an R56 S problem.

A tapping noise is normal for an R56 Cooper. Unless of course your's is louder than another R56 Cooper. The garage should be able to demonstrate if they are sure it is OK.