PDA

View Full Version : Car Hire

euan
2nd December 2008, 11:22 AM
Anyone know anywhere that does "nice" car hire? A friend of mine is after a car for a trip round Scotland in for a couple of days, anything considered but has to be good - fast BMW, Porsche, that kind of thing. Ideally, hiring from Edinburgh or Glasgow (close to the airport even better!)

Any ideas?

ianking
2nd December 2008, 12:01 PM
try
www.gogetacarrental.co.uk (http://www.gogetacarrental.co.uk)

Its part of Eastern BMW and MINI.

A colleague of mine rented a MINI from them last month and my other halfs work has rented 3s and 5s from them for clients visiting.

Craig
2nd December 2008, 12:16 PM
I would echo what Ian says...

They do all sorts of cars (including some prestige) When my R56 S was in for about 2 weeks, I had a 320D Touring and a New S and they were both great. Not badly priced either.. ;)

If he has a lot of cash, you could try Rio Prestige, they have some VERY tasty motors... even a Pagani Zonda and a CCX :clap::clap:

Knox18
2nd December 2008, 12:53 PM
Rio have a veyron now also....

rumours are 10k a day :)

moraymini
2nd December 2008, 07:44 PM
I'd never pay 10K for a hire car even a veyron thats just mad but I suppose if you have loads of cash thats burning a hole in your pocket then its for you. I'd imagine you would need a 100K deposit to drive off in it.

euan
3rd December 2008, 12:45 PM
try
www.gogetacarrental.co.uk (http://www.gogetacarrental.co.uk)

Its part of Eastern BMW and MINI.

A colleague of mine rented a MINI from them last month and my other halfs work has rented 3s and 5s from them for clients visiting.

Cheers Ian, this looks ideal. Wonder what engine is in the Z4?

And Rio - they have some awesome cars but probably more than he'll want to spend.

ianking
3rd December 2008, 12:57 PM
If you phone and ask they can tell you all the specs of the various cars.

I hired a 5 series a couple years back for a wedding. They gave me the run down on the 3 that they had and I was able to make my choice.