PDA

View Full Version : Lurker Emerges (with a Question)

BigStuff
1st December 2008, 03:03 PM
Hi Folks,

Been a lurking for a while thought i'd introduce myself.

I live in Glenrothes work in Stirling and have a PW&Black 08 plate Cooper D with Chilli Pack, White lenses, black bonnet stripes and Flame Spokes. Had it since end of May and now over 10k miles in it:eek:

Recognise a couple of names from Mini2. Think i vaguely know Craig (im a Dunipace man originally:yes nod:) and see a girl member on heres cracking red Mini on the Menstrie to Alva road quite a lot.

Anyway. Mines is coming up to first service. Anyone got experiences of Menzies in Stirling or Pheniox Kirkcaldy for service work?

Cheers
BS

Gismo
1st December 2008, 03:40 PM
:welcome: can't help you with the dealers you mentioned cause i've never used them, but i'm sure someone will advise soon enough

Big Gordy
1st December 2008, 03:47 PM
Im a Dunipace man originally:yes nod:

:eek: It's alright we won't hold that against you:knife:(I'm from Bonnybridge originally:p)
:welcome: Maybe see you out and about as I stay in Larbert and work in Menstrie:thumbs up: So if you get flashed by a blue Audi A4 it will be me:yes nod:

Crombers
1st December 2008, 04:51 PM
Welcome to NMSland :cool: , no need to lurk about just get yerself in ere :thumbs up:

With it being your first service and assuming there is nowt wrong with your car then I would proceed to the dealer closest to yourself. As long as you get it dealer stamped then 'hey ho' all is well.

If however you had a warranty issue then I'll let some of the the others advise :rolleyes: as to where to go.

AndyP & Lenore
1st December 2008, 06:12 PM
:welcome: BS.

Not used Phoenix Kirkcaldy. Wouldn't recommend Menzies, for reasons best kept off the forums.:frown:

We used JC's in Dundee (Site sponsor;)) to fit our JCW tuning kit to the R53 MINI. Excellent service. Highly recommended based on that experience.

A.:D

Craig
1st December 2008, 06:43 PM
Hey BigStuff. :welcome:

Will keep an eye out for you as I work in Stirling prob just across the road from you.. ;) Stay in Denny now, but maw and paw are still in Dunipace. :yes nod::yes nod: That Red and white MINI is Mary Jo... cracking car. :thumbs up:

can't say I remember you, but then again my memory isn't the best.

As for servicing.... Well, like AndyP, I am pleading the 5th re Menzies... :thud::Whistle:

As for Pheonix in Kirkcaldy, If you ask MINI William or Badwolf (His Mum and Dad), they use Pheonix for all their cars and I don't think they have a bad word to say about them..

Maybe see you about Stirling :thumbs up:

MINI William
1st December 2008, 10:44 PM
As Craig says we use phoinex absoulty brilliant garage not got a bad word to say about them always first class service :thumbs up:

MINI William
1st December 2008, 10:45 PM
and welcome to the site:smilewinkgrin:

rpn
1st December 2008, 11:16 PM
Think your query been answered above, just like to say :welcome:

audrey
1st December 2008, 11:31 PM
Hi BS ;bigwave:

Mini MoJo
2nd December 2008, 02:08 PM
:welcome:

It must be me you pass in the mornings as i work in Alva and live in Menstrie, next time give me a wave :thumbs up: get some pics up of your mini so i will spot you.

My sister works in Stirling, she has a blue Dooper with silver vipers and a similar plate to me, i will tell her to look out for you :D

BigStuff
2nd December 2008, 03:13 PM
As Craig says we use phoinex absoulty brilliant garage not got a bad word to say about them always first class service :thumbs up:

Cheers. Good enough for me.

I bought it there. So be good to maintain a relationship with them.:thumbs up:

BigStuff
2nd December 2008, 03:17 PM
:welcome:

It must be me you pass in the mornings as i work in Alva and live in Menstrie, next time give me a wave :thumbs up: get some pics up of your mini so i will spot you.

My sister works in Stirling, she has a blue Dooper with silver vipers and a similar plate to me, i will tell her to look out for you :D

Tis yourself. I've tended to be using the other road recently (can go faster) but if i pass you i'll wave. Nice car btw:clap:

I'll post some pics if i ever manage to get it clean(ish) again. Hose was frozen last weekend :argh: so it's pepper dirty grey at the mo.

Cheers for the welcome folks.

Like the NMS window stickers. Must acquire meself one sometime.

Mini Ecosse
2nd December 2008, 04:23 PM
:welcome: ;bigwave: