PDA

View Full Version : carrera vs cooper s ?

condor
30th November 2008, 11:16 PM
Have spent the day driving around in my mates new carrera :smilewinkgrin:...yes it ticked all the right boxes, lightening speed. well put together, figure hugging seats,and the exceleration in all gears was amazing, and is a very sexy looking car................ but once i got back into my cooper s the grin on my face was bigger....in my oppinion the mini is a more usable and fun car to drive any day.:thumbs up::thumbs up:........more fun and a third of the price !!!!!!!!

Gismo
30th November 2008, 11:19 PM
Nice one :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
1st December 2008, 01:21 AM
Was speaking with VintageB3 a few months ago and he had considered trading his convertible Cooper S for a Boxster:frown:. He said after the Boxster test drive he was pretty well underwhelmed with it's performance and handling. Got back in his Cooper S Convertible and the grin was back - instantly:thumbs up:. Don't know what engine was in the Porsche mind you.:confused:

A.:D

doogz__
10th December 2008, 05:04 PM
A bog standard boxster is a 2.7, they are woefully slow.

The 3.2 on the other hand, is a belter, and the handling is tip top.

Still think they look a bit gay though, i'd like maybe my gf to have one, so i could play in it sometimes, but i wouldn't own one

mini saltire
11th December 2008, 08:30 PM

Still think they look a bit gay though, i'd like maybe my gf to have one, so i could play in it sometimes, but i wouldn't own one

Agreed although, I rather have a Caterham in my garage for an occasional play.

AndyP & Lenore
11th December 2008, 08:41 PM

And I'd rather have a girlfriend to play with, but my wife would probably object.:laugh:

A.:popcorn:

doogz__
12th December 2008, 09:49 AM
Indeed. I'm after a Megabusa personally, but i need to finish my hillclimb car first, and i think i might have a crack at the xr2's in 2010 and see how i get on before i end up spending a fortune on mini bumpers and bonnets.

Having said that, XR2's are getting rarer, it might be more expensive getting parts for them soon

Big Gordy
12th December 2008, 10:59 AM

Did you see top gear the other week when the hamster had Caterham 500:thumbs up: Think the stig got it round the track in the second fastest time ever beating the Veyron in the process:laugh: Cooooool:D