PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Convertable driver

MINI William
30th November 2008, 08:53 PM
Was just about to turn in the house today at around 6.15 and seen a mini convertable with its top down and it was -2.5c outside.:smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
30th November 2008, 09:19 PM
Was just about to turn in the house today at around 6.15 and seen a mini convertable with its top down and it was -2.5c outside.:smilewinkgrin:

Hmmmm....

Thought the Fossies had sold their Convertible.:laugh:

A.:D

Craig
30th November 2008, 10:13 PM
it has always been my rule.. If you have a convertible in Scotland and it is not raining, you MUST have the roof down. :thumbs up:

there is no point having a convertible if you have the roof up when it's dry, regardless of the temp. That is what heaters and heated seats are for.. ;):smilewinkgrin:

however saying all that... -2.5c.... Brrrrrrr :clap:

the rule is one of the reasons Jude doesn't want me ever to get a convertible.. :thud::Whistle:

Fester
30th November 2008, 10:54 PM
it has always been my rule.. If you have a convertible in Scotland and it is not raining, you MUST have the roof down. :thumbs up:

there is no point having a convertible if you have the roof up when it's dry, regardless of the temp. That is what heaters and heated seats are for..

My view completely, Just got rid of an Audi Cabriolet this year best fun I had was xmas eve last year driving home in the afternoon with the top down heater on full blast sunglasses and santa hat on. Got beeps and waves all the way home

Gismo
30th November 2008, 10:56 PM
Maybe vintageb, he's a bit of a nutter

The Dogfather
30th November 2008, 10:58 PM
I went out in -10C in my old MX5, and I think the MINI has a better heater :D

illegalhunter
1st December 2008, 12:05 AM
Just keen to be seen

AndyP & Lenore
1st December 2008, 01:23 AM
Maybe vintageb, he's a bit of a nutter

His MINI hasn't seen tarmac for months.:frown:

Although, I wouldn't dispute, he is a nutter.:laugh:

..S-J..
1st December 2008, 09:17 AM
Maybe they have heated seats :p

Burple
1st December 2008, 12:35 PM
His MINI hasn't seen tarmac for months.:frown:

Although, I wouldn't dispute, he is a nutter.:laugh:

Ooh, now that's not true.. the tarmac bit anyway.. I saw him 2 weeks ago on a sunday afternoon, scooting thru Fife! :cool::thumbs up:

...not disputing the Nutter part! :D:D

euan
1st December 2008, 05:42 PM
My brother used to take his Westfield out in the sunshine, regardless of the temperature. Granted, he usually had on 4 coats, gloves, hat and a scarf, but he did it all the same!

moraymini
1st December 2008, 05:50 PM
Must be harder than Tarzans feet to have roof down right now............fair play to Him. :thumbs up: