PDA

View Full Version : blackpool lights 2009

stoney
30th November 2008, 02:38 PM
who would be intrested in a trip to blackpool ????

i was thinking prob oct time so we could do a mini convoy thro the lights

then stay the night mabie tell me what you pepes think :thumbs up:

open to ideas just to see who would be intrested to do this

i know a lot of peps will go depends on date so say middle of october :thumbs up: leave on the fri and come back sat/sun

stoney :thumbs up:

Gismo
30th November 2008, 03:40 PM
I might be interested, but, as that's the kids holiday time i won't know if i'm away for an overseas holiday or not until into the new year.
I'd imagine some other folks would be thinking the same thing, as it is i'm due back to Baku around the 14th

stoney
30th November 2008, 04:30 PM
well dates are open to change depending on what peps what they are on from end of aug i think

Craig
30th November 2008, 04:49 PM
Hi Rob,

yeah couldn't do the middle of Oct as that is the school hols and would be away with Mrs D. ;)

You might want to think about contacting the guys at Doncaster Mini Register as they normally do a Blackpool lights run, we could tag along and as you say, have an overnight stay... ;) Could maybe also get Northern MINI involved and have a BIG run.. :cool:

stoney
30th November 2008, 04:53 PM
i will have alook and see what dates would be good then i we can go from there

The Dogfather
30th November 2008, 06:12 PM
I wouldn't recommend a run through the lights, especially at weekends and school hols, its a bloody nightmare. You'll never be able to stay together as a group and it'll take about 3 hours to run from end to end.

However if you're looking for a night out I'm putting together a Coast 2 Coast run in May. There'll be a night out in Blackpool and a night out in Newcastle all in the same weekend.

stoney
1st December 2008, 06:09 PM
I wouldn't recommend a run through the lights, especially at weekends and school hols, its a bloody nightmare. You'll never be able to stay together as a group and it'll take about 3 hours to run from end to end.

However if you're looking for a night out I'm putting together a Coast 2 Coast run in May. There'll be a night out in Blackpool and a night out in Newcastle all in the same weekend.

no lights on in may tho :rolleyes:

and also got mini 50th in may

Duncan Stewart
2nd December 2008, 09:08 PM
Sounds like a great idea!
Last time we went everyone drank too much so we couldn't convoy through the lights :rolleyes::p

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/20645139/71551901.jpg
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/20645139/71551910.jpg

The Dogfather
2nd December 2008, 09:57 PM
Stoney, you're right about MINI 50, might have to reschedule to later in the year.