PDA

View Full Version : Slack shark fin side repeaters

AberdeenMini
11th April 2004, 03:30 AM
Anyone purchased them and found them to be very slack?
I just bought a set and they dont fit very well, what shall i do?
Cheers guys

Vosh
11th April 2004, 04:33 AM
Mine have been fine. A bit tight to fit but are very snug in place, including with one of the clips that I broke. Maybe a duff set? Mine are the Ultra versions.

john
11th April 2004, 08:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by AberdeenMini

Anyone purchased them and found them to be very slack?
I just bought a set and they dont fit very well, what shall i do?
Cheers guys

Sounds like you have not fitted them properly!!

When they are fitted they are so tight that you cannot get them off!!!

AberdeenMini
11th April 2004, 08:21 PM
I was thinking that maybe they were supposed to be like that but i guess not.
I'll have to take them back to the shop then i guess :(

john
12th April 2004, 08:33 PM
I am in Aberdeen so I could have a look at them for you.

KenL
13th April 2004, 04:52 AM
Mine were the same.

Secured them with a wee dab of silicon sealant in the grommet.

Heather
13th April 2004, 05:38 AM
thought my flame side repeaters were a bit slack but with a tender loving slap they snapped right into place.:)

Wul
13th April 2004, 04:57 PM
The trick to fitting these is to push the mounting point from the inside as you push them on from the outside. The metal tab the grommet is mounted on is about as thick as the tin foil on a kit-kat and bends easily. if this has happened it might seem like they are on but are not. You should get a definate "click" as they push through the grommet. Trty this or as KenL says a wee dab of clear silicone should see you right. :)

AberdeenMini
13th April 2004, 06:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

The trick to fitting these is to push the mounting point from the inside as you push them on from the outside. The metal tab the grommet is mounted on is about as thick as the tin foil on a kit-kat and bends easily. if this has happened it might seem like they are on but are not. You should get a definate "click" as they push through the grommet. Trty this or as KenL says a wee dab of clear silicone should see you right. :)

Your right wul, just did what you said and now they're in properly, thanks alot! :D

Wul
13th April 2004, 06:36 PM
Great Stuff! :D