PDA

View Full Version : Some People have no respect......

J444 JNY
28th November 2008, 09:59 AM
Some people just have no respect for other people's property!!!! :argh:

My mum took my car to work yesterday and after having parked it up in her works car park and returning home in it, i find that someone has smashed into the corner of the back of my car and drove off.

Leaving me with no arch and a dent in it, the plastic part all twisted and a nice big crack in my back bumper which now all need repaired and replaced.

The person didnt leave name or let anyone in my mum's work know, so i know have to go down and have the cctv checked and report it.

Im just so angry that because people treat there own property like crap, then think it is accesible to treat everyone else's property in the same way!!!!! :argh:

Rant over

Jenny

Hamish
28th November 2008, 10:03 AM
b*stard!!!!!!!!!!!! I feckin hate when people do that... just cos they have a crappy car, doesnt mean they need to make someone else's car crappy by denting it!!!

Sorry to here of this... just a thought... you could check with your mums work or the police to see if there is any CCTV in the area, you may be lucky??? Also, can you see the colour of the car that banged yours??? may be useful if you can to take some pics.

I know what I'm saying wont help make you feel any better about whats happened, but hopefully you can find this scummy git and make them pay.

good luck.

euan
28th November 2008, 10:07 AM
I'd also have a walk around the car park today to find a car with a large dent in it - you never know.

illegalhunter
28th November 2008, 10:48 AM
this makes you wish we still hung people

V500EMA
28th November 2008, 11:00 AM
thats rubbish- i hate people like that :ragin: it makes me mad! hope u catch the person who did it and get ur wee mini fixed soon!

AndyP & Lenore
28th November 2008, 11:06 AM
Sorry to hear that Jenny.:sad:

Hopefully the CCTV will show something that the police can go on.

A.:sad:

J444 JNY
28th November 2008, 12:27 PM
Thanks Guys

Yeah i know im going to go round my mum's car park today and have a good look at every car, the paint on my car is white, so ill be starting with all white cars.

Yeah im going to the police to get them to check CCTV in the area and my mum's work to have there CCTV looked at.

As said just makes me so mad that people are so careless with everyone else's property!!! :ragin:

Hamish
28th November 2008, 12:34 PM
Glad to try and help Jenny... good luck, let us know how you get on... hope it all works out for you. Nobody deserves this when they take pride in their car, it infuriates me.

..S-J..
28th November 2008, 12:36 PM
Sorry to hear about that hope you find out who did it.

Stewart
28th November 2008, 01:26 PM
Not that it helps, but sorry all the same about it especially as you as many of us feel our cars are valued. In saying that there are some right thick people out there, a woman reversed into my friends and yes this is gong back a wee bit Opel Manta that he kept spotless side on and did not know she had done it, see actually thought it was just the kerb…….

Anyway she was seen by a neighbour and as my mate found gold paint on her bumper…..but she was totally oblivious that she had done it….
However I have seen body-shop repairs and some have amazed me, plastic replaced and dent repaired and cars looking as good as new……

Ivano
28th November 2008, 02:48 PM
That is really terrible... I have a score on my back bumper where somebody did a similar thing a couple of years ago . My damage wasn't that bad though...

I have also had a Tesco Delivery Van hit a Courtesy Car Clubman i had a loan of whilst it was parked up. They drove off but luckliy enough a local business saw it happen and took the Registration No of the vehicle, lets just say things got sorted out pretty fast... I work closely with Scottish Media Group so it was going to make good reading, especially when it was Tesco's name brand in the frame...

No consolation for your situation i know but i do hope that maybe CCTV has picked it up and caught the culprit red handed.... Good Luck!!

Burple
28th November 2008, 03:09 PM
Scummy scummers! :argh::argh:
I hope you find out thru the CCTV who did it and can track them down..:frown:

Some people don't deserve the privilege of driving... :ragin:

Craig
28th November 2008, 06:02 PM
Hi Jenny,

as others have said, hope CCTV finds out the vehicle. if they can find out who it was, they can also hopefully be done with leaving the scene of an accident, not reporting an accident etc... Just fingers crossed they have insurance cos if not, it's your premium that takes the punishment.. :argh::argh::ragin::ragin:

Bumble
28th November 2008, 07:43 PM
poor bumped mini :sad:

rpn
28th November 2008, 11:29 PM
Just a though and it happened to a colleague at work. Will your mum's work willing to hand over the CCTV footage if he/she was caught in it? My office was using the excuses of privacy laws etc. and unwilling to show any video recordings to my colleague! :argh: :argh: :ragin:

GCA3N
29th November 2008, 12:13 AM
gutted for you,:frown: these people are just about as low as they come. Having a bit of knowledge about this kind of stuff, there is sadly little you can do, without a witness or really good cctv (which to be honest is highly unlikely) you are up sh*& creek. Hope all the repairs go well :thumbs up:

moraymini
30th November 2008, 01:17 PM
Don't hold out much hope of Police being interested. My wife parked our car in Tesco and car hit it. I contacted Police to say it was on CCTV but they never even went to see it as no one was injured. Pity about your car.

Sheilz
30th November 2008, 02:15 PM
Its a real bummer. I do hope you get your wee car back on the road in tip top condition very quickly. I wouldn't accept being denied access to CCT by an employer. That would make me question what they were covering up.

Couple years ago a DSL delivery truck pulled away from the kerb into the side of my car luckily only dented the alloy and tore off the plastic trim. Even though the driver apologised profusely and admitted culpability when I phoned his employer for insurance purposes it was denied and in fact claimed that I had reversed into him! Luckily a motorist two cars behind me had the foresight to hand me his name and contact number as an independent witness. It took ten months before I got my insurance sorted out. They had tried to get me to accept partial responsibility but I said no and insisted that they purused it appropriately. It paid off in the end but very frustrating all the same.

J444 JNY
1st December 2008, 04:01 PM
Well i went to my mum's work, and explained what had happened and asked for the cctv to be checked and they allowed me check through the CCTV with them, for the whole two out of ten camera's that actaully work, complete joke!!!! So your guessing what happened, no evidence of anything on camera.

I was totally outraged that a UK Government building only has two working camera's, what good is that to anyone.

So i went to the police to report it and have them check the CCTV in the area, and as you guessed they weren't interested in the slightest and said without any edvience nothing can be done.

I was expecting this off of the police, so to say friday wasn't the best of days for me.

I am now trying to find a back bumper for the mini and been quoted 200 quid for the bumper to be sprayed and fitted and the arch work repaired.

And to add to all of that i got in my car this morning to find my windscreen cracked. :argh:

Jenny

Sheilz
1st December 2008, 04:15 PM
You've definitely had some bad karma hanging around. Really bad luck. But look on the bright side. Even though it will cost you a few quid (quite a few really :sad:) you'll at least get a nice shiny scratch and mark free windscreen to compliment a very shiny rear end.

J444 JNY
1st December 2008, 05:38 PM
Yeah i know that is only good thing about it and that im changing the look of the car for next summer

Jenny

AndyP & Lenore
1st December 2008, 06:20 PM
Jenny, that's a real bummer. Feel very sorry for you.:sad::sad:

Many moons ago someone scraped down the side of our Peugeot 205 when it was parked in a Job Centre car park. I went in and asked if the CCTV system was trained on where our car was parked. Was told the camera kept getting ripped off the wall and thrown through their window, so they stopped replacing it after the third time.:frown::frown::frown:

A.:sad:

J444 JNY
1st December 2008, 06:45 PM
Yeah it totally sucks, im sooo pissed off and upset at the same time :sad:

Though with the help of some very kind people on here i might have found myself a bumper, so just the plastic trim needed which is only 7 quid and a bit of arch work done and she will be looking like new again.

Well that is after i have replaced the windscreen :frown::frown:

On the positive note she will look new again by the summer.

Jenny

Hamish
1st December 2008, 06:52 PM
Hi Jenny,

Your news sucks... so so sorry to hear you've got nowhere. You're doing the right thing by thinking of the positives to come out of it (as hard is it is to do so).

Hope it all works out for you :thumbs up:

J444 JNY
1st December 2008, 07:08 PM
Thanks Hamish

Only thing i can do now, spent to much money on it now to give up on my wee mini :p

Jenny

audrey
1st December 2008, 11:57 PM
Terrible news Jenny :frown: Hope you get it all fixed soon :yes nod:

Stewart
2nd December 2008, 12:09 AM
:thumbs up:Is that your plate, I'm up EK all the time................
Us silver and blacks have to stick together………..

J444 JNY
2nd December 2008, 08:22 AM
:thumbs up:Is that your plate, I'm up EK all the time................
Us silver and blacks have to stick together………..

Hiya

Yeah that is my plate, you will see me in ek or going to and from work in hamilton and in town at night!! :p

Jenny

shaunbhoy67
2nd December 2008, 05:43 PM
sorry to hear bout that jenny gutting i know the feeling as someone scored my bonnet few months ago it is infuriating but main thing is that its getting fixed :thumbs up:

Burple
2nd December 2008, 05:50 PM
Just a though and it happened to a colleague at work. Will your mum's work willing to hand over the CCTV footage if he/she was caught in it? My office was using the excuses of privacy laws etc. and unwilling to show any video recordings to my colleague! :argh: :argh: :ragin:

You should have mentioned the Freedom of Information Act to them ;):thumbs up:

J444 JNY
2nd December 2008, 07:22 PM
sorry to hear bout that jenny gutting i know the feeling as someone scored my bonnet few months ago it is infuriating but main thing is that its getting fixed :thumbs up:

Yeah i know that is now the main thing, i am getting windscreen replaced on thursday afternoon and will hopefully have my new bumper by the weekend

So things are looking up a bit ;)

Though i think something is going on in my mum's work as a car blew up in the car park today :confused:

Jenny

J444 JNY
2nd December 2008, 07:23 PM
You should have mentioned the Freedom of Information Act to them ;):thumbs up:

The is a very good point Brple, never even thought about that.

Jenny