PDA

View Full Version : Foam Lance

moraymini
27th November 2008, 05:38 PM
I am thinking of buying a pressure washer.............what is best and what is foam lance and snow foam?

Rob

Craig
27th November 2008, 06:26 PM
I don't what about best, but I have always used a karcher and never had a problem with it. Does a great job for me... :thumbs up:

would love a hot pressure washer (diesel powered) but they can be very expensive and a bit of a gadget for me.. ;)

As for foam lance - I am getting one from the big fat red man in 4 weeks time with PH Neutral Snow Foam, so once I have it, I'll let you know. :thumbs up:

S7JGW
27th November 2008, 07:27 PM
I have a Karcher pressure washer and the Autobrite foam lance,
never had any probelms and gives good foam.
If you get a lance try and get one with a plastic connector for the lance, as they (used to anyway) come with brass ones and they stick on and are tight to move.
Jim

moraymini
27th November 2008, 07:51 PM
TY Guys helpful as always.

GP BILLY
27th November 2008, 09:22 PM
Here you go.....

Foam lance click here (http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/hd-foam-lance-wash.html)

Polished Bliss
Unit 7, Craigearn Business Park
Morrison Way, Kintore
AB51 0TH
United Kingdom

N12 JLK
27th November 2008, 10:03 PM
I have just bought a Kew washer, pick it up from my work tomorrow,got it for a very good price with a foam bottle. Will come in very handy this winter taking the salt of the cars before washing.

AndyP & Lenore
27th November 2008, 11:49 PM
I have just bought a Kew washer, pick it up from my work tomorrow,got it for a very good price with a foam bottle. Will come in very handy this winter taking the salt of the cars before washing.

J, I'm sure your one will be fine, but I had a Kew and the gears stripped in it about 30 seconds after the warranty ran out.:frown: Had Karchers in the past and they last for years.:thumbs up:

A.:D

RyanK
28th November 2008, 12:29 AM
Anyone know a good foaming product to use?

Currently I am using Meguiars Hyper Wash in which imo doesn't seem to do much work when taking salt etc off. I used it on my mums white car and there was still the same amount of dirt/residue etc. Not that I am a foam expert just curious if everyone achieves the same results. :confused:

S7JGW
28th November 2008, 02:31 AM
I currently use a mix of Supa Snow foam and Hyper wash in the bottle when im foamin. Seems to work ok with me.

ianking
28th November 2008, 09:49 AM

Jason the gun that comes with it wont be a foam lance as such. Its just a bottle that throws the chemicals out in a soapy fashion.
If you want a nice blanket of foam that clings to the car you will need an actual 'Foam Gun' such as the one that polished bliss sell. Just make sure that the connections are supported by your washer manufacturer.

Foam guns are not intented on completely cleaning the car but instead they are designed to help remove the initial dirt before you set about washing, thus reducing the risk of creating swirls, plus its a good spectacle for the neighbours to look at.

japper
28th November 2008, 10:02 AM
I have the previous version of foam gun from Polished Bliss, which is good and foams pretty well but does not attach to a power washer, it just works off the std. hose.

If anybody, who doesn't use a power washer, wants to buy this then it's their's for £20.

I'm upgrading to the one linked above.

RyanK
28th November 2008, 06:19 PM
I currently use a mix of Supa Snow foam and Hyper wash in the bottle when im foamin. Seems to work ok with me.

Foam guns are not intented on completely cleaning the car but instead they are designed to help remove the initial dirt before you set about washing, thus reducing the risk of creating swirls, plus its a good spectacle for the neighbours to look at.

Cheers for the feedback. Agree with the neighbours, must think to themselves wtf :thumbs up:

GP BILLY
29th November 2008, 03:08 AM

I use Super Snow Foam (from cleanyourcar) I was told to add a wee bit of Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo or whatever I am using in with the snow foam aswell;), but have found I get better foam using it neet (no shampoo)
SNOW TODAY:thumbs up:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/9049/car%20cleaning%20pics/Alan%202005%20cooper%20wash%20and%20Autobalm/Alansmankycar017.jpg

snow foam is great to get the folk in the street talking:yes nod::yes nod:

S7JGW
30th November 2008, 12:40 PM
Another thing i use my foam lance for is washin the house windows, gets the worst of the sea spray off the windows, and if you use the Autobrite lance / Polished Bliss lance you can adjust nossle and the foam can reach the upstairs windows. :thumbs up::D:D
Now that gets the Neighbours staring lol :D:D:D
Jim

moraymini
30th November 2008, 07:07 PM
TY Guys. I don't have luxury of driveway so my hose stretches 30 metres or so to front of house. Will pressure washer and snow lance still operate okay?

Craig
30th November 2008, 07:23 PM
yeah it should do, I would just make sure that you have the pressure turned up at your house :thumbs up: I use a 30 m hose and it is fine. :yes nod:

moraymini
30th November 2008, 07:38 PM
Great TY Craig.

Rob:thumbs up:

Craig
30th November 2008, 07:40 PM
Great TY Craig.

Rob:thumbs up:

:off topic:Did you get your key rings and sticker ? :off topic:

MrMischief
30th November 2008, 10:28 PM
Word of warning

I got a Karcher from my folks last year for my birthday, had no issue at all with it but 11 months in the plastic pump has split and has rendered it useless :sad: Warranty will not cover it, can't seem to find parts to repair it so it's not lasted very long. After a little investigation, Karcher use plastic pumps on most washers up to the value of about £250-300. Above that they've all got brass fittings. There's quite a few forums discussing problems with them.

My dad's used a Kew washer for about the last 15 years without a ny probs, although it's finally given up - on/off switch failed, which can probably be repaired.

Having said that, Makro were doing a Karcher petrol washer (brass) for £149 a few weeks ago - wish I'd grabbed a few of them :ragin:

Apart from that, the Nilfisk seem to be pretty good quality (we've got some Nilfisk equipment at work & it's built to last).

japper
1st December 2008, 07:12 AM
I use Super Snow Foam (from cleanyourcar) I was told to add a wee bit of Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo or whatever I am using in with the snow foam aswell;), but have found I get better foam using it neet (no shampoo)
SNOW TODAY:thumbs up:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/9049/car%20cleaning%20pics/Alan%202005%20cooper%20wash%20and%20Autobalm/Alansmankycar017.jpg

snow foam is great to get the folk in the street talking:yes nod::yes nod:

Only trouble with Snow Foam is it's strips your wax. Meguiar's Hyper Wash foams just as well and is safe:smilewinkgrin:

Scottie
1st December 2008, 09:02 AM
We have an Nilfisk Alto Pressure Washer very good imo bought it from HIS maybe Jason can say if it's good or crap.

moraymini
1st December 2008, 10:38 AM
Got them mate very quick delivery TY

N12 JLK
1st December 2008, 10:33 PM
We have an Nilfisk Alto Pressure Washer very good imo bought it from HIS maybe Jason can say if it's good or crap.

yes I can say the Nilfisk Alto washers are good, seem to get more Karcher ones back returned faulty. I got my Alto one for buttons!, well I do sell them:thumbs up:, If it goes faulty after 4 months its no problem.

Scottie
1st December 2008, 10:34 PM
yes I can say the Nilfisk Alto washers are good, seem to get more Karcher ones back returned faulty. I got my Alto one for buttons!, well I do sell them:thumbs up:, If it goes faulty after 4 months its no problem.

yeh I got mine from HIS and they tend to sell good stuff.:thumbs up: IMHO.;)