PDA

View Full Version : Selections

Craig
24th November 2008, 09:49 PM
of gears is become more of a problem these days. It is significantly worse when the car is cold, but even once the car is warmed up, it is difficult to engage 1st and 2nd gear especially. :frown: It is best described as "tight" and as if the whole isn't big enough (ohh err missus :eek:)

The car was in a few months ago and they stated that the clutch release bearing was making a noise but "not excessive". Is this related?

What would be causing the problems with selection? Is there a need to change gearbox oil, or is it sealed and shouldn't need touched ?

Advice welcome before I put it back into the garage and get the normal answer..... ;)

ianking
24th November 2008, 10:01 PM
Gear box oil can be changed.
Might be worth doing this as im not sure if they would change the oil under warranty.

Crombers
25th November 2008, 09:03 AM
Acht it's just a characteristic of the car mate :rolleyes:. Mine (different box as you know) needs total TLC when cold (i.e. need to pause in neutral for a sec or I'd get a very slight cruch going into second). Still find reverse a chore & usually have to select 1st & then try reverse again. As we discussed last week I'm not gonna worry unduly about something they may or may not develop as we'd all end up neurotic & wrapping our cars up in cotton wool (or, :eek: shudder to think, sell our beloved little motors before their time). ;)