PDA

View Full Version : More Oxford News

Craig
24th November 2008, 09:11 PM
HERE (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/7745240.stm)

Looks like it is just getting worse for MINI and that they are not exempt from the money problems. Maybe this will mean better discounts on new cars...:thumbs up:

Only problem with that is it normally affects your used values also... :frown:

euan
24th November 2008, 11:30 PM
Well I was in VW today getting the Polo serviced, they're offering 6K off a new R32 (obvious really - why buy an R32 when a GTi does 90% performance, but does respectable MPG?) which would really hit your residuals.

I don't think it's just Mini, all the manufacturers are getting hit just now as everyone will be looking at used cars to avoid the hit in residuals.

Crombers
25th November 2008, 09:15 AM
HERE (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/7745240.stm)

Only problem with that is it normally affects your used values also... :frown:

Hope it all gets better before 2016 ;)

KenL
25th November 2008, 08:13 PM
Well I was in VW today getting the Polo serviced, they're offering 6K off a new R32 (obvious really - why buy an R32

Also remember that the mkVI comes out in January.

euan
26th November 2008, 11:47 AM
Also remember that the mkVI comes out in January.

Indeed (17th is the dealer launch if your interested), they are pushing the existing cars hard - they obviously had the pre-orders in ages ago and now have ot shift them!

moraymini
1st December 2008, 06:20 PM
FORD dealer in Glasgow offering free Ka to anyone who buys a Galaxy or S Max. Chrysler is offering buy one get one free on their AVENGER range.

euan
1st December 2008, 06:25 PM
FORD dealer in Glasgow offering free Ka to anyone who buys a Galaxy or S Max. Chrysler is offering buy one get one free on their AVENGER range.

New Ka is out in the new year also - so assume it's the end of the current lot? If it's the new one, that's not a bad deal for anyone looking for an S-Max. I think there will be quite a few of these kind of deals soon.

KenL
1st December 2008, 08:42 PM
Indeed (17th is the dealer launch if your interested), they are pushing the existing cars hard - they obviously had the pre-orders in ages ago and now have ot shift them!

I might be, but not for a while.

Another MINI, Scirroco or mkVI Golf will be on my shortlist for my next car.

mikeythemini
1st December 2008, 09:09 PM
New Ka is out in the new year also - so assume it's the end of the current lot? If it's the new one, that's not a bad deal for anyone looking for an S-Max. I think there will be quite a few of these kind of deals soon.

Free Mini One if you buy an X5:smilewinkgrin:

euan
2nd December 2008, 10:28 AM
Free Mini One if you buy an X5:smilewinkgrin:

And a free sanity check if you buy an X6 :D:D

KenL
2nd December 2008, 08:20 PM
And a free sanity check if you buy an X6 :D:D

Indeed, a car even uglier than an X5 :hand: