PDA

View Full Version : Another bad one

ianking
24th November 2008, 07:56 PM
Done this wee car on Saturday there. Took me all day, although I quite enjoyed it and I was pleased with the finished results.

Its a great example of why you should remove any birds poop off of the paint work ASAP after it lands. The poop had eaten into the clear coat.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=94137

euan
24th November 2008, 08:06 PM
Blimey Ian, that thing was filthy! You must hate it when someone asks you do "help out" and do your neighbours cars, and it's a Range Rover!

And that's some reg plate!

Smitty
24th November 2008, 08:19 PM
Awesome Job Ian - taking on a car as big as that must be murder compared to a wee MINI!! :eek:

How much do you tend to charge your "customers"/neighbors for all your hard work!!?

ianking
24th November 2008, 08:21 PM
That reg plate was just the assigned number. Its an Edinburgh code, but it does work well with a car of that value.

I really dont mind doing the car.
Wouldnt like to say how much I charged but they got a real bargain, I dont charge anywhere near like enough.

RyanK
24th November 2008, 08:58 PM
Excellent work! Looks the part :thumbs up:

Craig
24th November 2008, 09:00 PM
Nice Car Ian... :smilewinkgrin:

cannae believe you don't charge enough... :thud::Whistle:;)

Crombers
25th November 2008, 09:10 AM
Nice Car Ian... :smilewinkgrin:

cannae believe you don't charge enough... :thud::Whistle:;)

I reckon £40, tops :rolleyes:

..S-J..
25th November 2008, 09:16 AM
You did a great job :thumbs up:

Hamish
25th November 2008, 11:02 AM
Excellent job... have to say, unbelievable how quick the birds mess eats into the door, dirty 8uggers... looked like a healthy size of bird that left that mess anyway!!! Its a big door too and it looked large on the door haha.

also agree... lucky break on the guy getting that plate.

Ouch on the leather seats... take it someone had been wearing new dark denim jeans and they got wet and leaked onto the seat?

gauldrymini
25th November 2008, 01:31 PM
Top class job...kind of FA Premier League job:thumbs up: me I am still in the Vauxhall Conference League:laugh:

Andrew

KenL
26th November 2008, 10:15 PM
Great job on such a monstrocity :Whistle:

Any tips on removing (or masking) bird poop damage?

There is a bit of haze in a circle on the Aygo's bonnet, guess it was not protected sufficiently or the bird was nuclear!

KenL
26th November 2008, 10:17 PM
also agree... lucky break on the guy getting that plate.

Lucky? No way would I want that on a car of mine, could attract the wrong sort of attention :frown:

ianking
27th November 2008, 01:37 PM
Ken

Sounds like the poop has burnt into the top coat. I presume the clay wont take it off.

It sounds as though it needs lightly wet sanded and then machine polished back to a shine. Paint on these wee Aygos is so very thing though that there is hardly any to play with.

moraymini
27th November 2008, 05:37 PM
Your work is amazing...............very impressed :thumbs up:

KenL
27th November 2008, 07:38 PM
Ken

Sounds like the poop has burnt into the top coat. I presume the clay wont take it off.

It sounds as though it needs lightly wet sanded and then machine polished back to a shine. Paint on these wee Aygos is so very thing though that there is hardly any to play with.

Thanks Ian.

Think I will leave well alone, you can only see it if you really look for it.