PDA

View Full Version : Pre wax routine

moraymini
24th November 2008, 10:16 AM
Hi Guys, What should I do prior to waxing my car?

Hamish
24th November 2008, 10:35 AM
find out how much Volvic would take for cleaning it, he does a FINE job lookin at the other thread :p

ianking
24th November 2008, 10:38 AM
Wash
Clay
Polish

then wax.

..S-J..
24th November 2008, 01:53 PM
Wash,
Spray some tardis (removes tar spots)
Clay,
Wax.

moraymini
24th November 2008, 02:23 PM
TY Guys I've never used clay before so I'll give it a go. :thumbs up:

I think you need a clay lubricant is that correct?

Rob

ianking
24th November 2008, 03:10 PM
Yes you need a clay lube. If you have never used clay before then best to play it safe. The starter meguiars kit for £14.99 will do you fine.
Go onto www.polishedbliss.co.uk (http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk) and they have excellent how to guides. Im pretty sure there is one on using the clay.

After you have clayed you should polish before you wax. the polish will help mask any fine swirls and also further prep the car for waxing. you should only need to clay and polish a couple times a year. You can wax as much as you like, the more the merrier. I wax at least once every couple of months.

euan
24th November 2008, 03:18 PM
I wax at least once every couple of months.

He shaves on the in between days :D

I'm in dire need to do my car as it's been a tad neglected. What's the view on waxing in cold weather? Does it bind ok?

ianking
24th November 2008, 03:30 PM
Just leave the wax on the paint for a bit longer in cold weather, watch that you are not under direct sunlight though.

moraymini
27th November 2008, 05:33 PM
TY again guys...............I just bought the Dooper for my Wife as a second car..............Now I'm getting obsessed........I love it. Am I ill? :smilewinkgrin:

Bumble
27th November 2008, 07:35 PM
no ... it's just a mini obsession - happens to all of us!