PDA

View Full Version : Oh deer oh deer (part 2)

Gaz B
22nd November 2008, 05:48 PM
Not sure if anybody can recall, but last year I hit a roe deer with my mini between Mid calder and East calder(Oh deer oh deer) :ragin:.Well lightning has struck twice:eek:. Not the mini this time but a hire van that I had for two weeks!!:Whistle:
I hit a stag on the A815 between Strachur and Dunoon last Friday morning. This on made a bit of a mess.......................:frown:http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i30/gar34/Photo052.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i30/gar34/Photo050.jpg

Craig
22nd November 2008, 05:52 PM
FFS!! :eek:

that must have scared the poop out of you... :thud::Whistle:

a bit lucky it was a hire van and not your own motor tho... :smilewinkgrin:

Bumble
22nd November 2008, 05:55 PM
Ouch ... Hope it wasn't one of Santas !!!

Gismo
22nd November 2008, 05:58 PM
Can't see the pic (works websense) but expect it to be a mess :sad:

Gaz B
22nd November 2008, 06:02 PM
Yeah Craig, really got a fright with this one. Made a helluva bang. It was just getting light when 2 deer ran out of the woods - one on each side of the road so I had no chance to avoid it!!:confused:

Gradually working my way through Santas reindeer Bumble, thats prancer and dancer got it........Who needs guns when you have got me!!!!!!:p

Seriously tho, I felt terrible after it. Thats two in a year:frown:

Gaz B
22nd November 2008, 06:05 PM
It is Alan! Glad it was a pugeot expert rather than my transit connect because I think that if it was the smaller van the deer would have been in beside me:yes nod:. I was doing about 60 when I hit it!

Hamish
22nd November 2008, 07:18 PM
crikey :eek: ... bet that deer has a helluva headache!!! Hope you had some Nurofen for it!!! ... seriously though, ouch, glad you are ok... we hit just missed one last year and its a frightener... its bad enough mincing a badger at speed.

AstroScottie
22nd November 2008, 07:34 PM
buggers that means Santa will be late this year:rolleyes:

Scottie
22nd November 2008, 07:57 PM
jings what a mess:eek::eek:

AndyP & Lenore
22nd November 2008, 08:01 PM
Lucky escape Baz. For you, not the Deer, obviously.

Did the Deer run off giving you the bird, or is it lying in a mass of tangled legs, flesh and blood at the roadside?:frown:

A.

Mini Ecosse
22nd November 2008, 09:12 PM
Lucky escape indeed
You must be glad it did'nt come through windscreen

Mini Ecosse
22nd November 2008, 09:14 PM
Did the Deer run off giving you the bird, or is it lying in a mass of tangled legs, flesh and blood at the roadside?:frown:

A.

Trust you, always on the look out for some road kill for the freezer:hand:

Stephen

Crombers
23rd November 2008, 10:28 AM
FFS, didny realise they made that kinda mess :eek:

Crombers
23rd November 2008, 10:30 AM

A.

If I was a betting man I wouldny be putting it in my squad selection for that ' Santa Sleigh Run'

stoney
23rd November 2008, 10:39 AM
well thats 3 betwen the 2 of us now :rolleyes:

glad you are ok tho just one of life mishaps :ragin:

Gaz B
23rd November 2008, 10:40 AM
Lucky escape Gaz. For you, not the Deer, obviously.

A.

No chance for the deer Andy. Knocked it about 80 feet into a ditch on the opposite side of the road. It did'nt even touch the road again after I hit it. I can remember it as plain as day!:frown:
Strangely enough there was no blood on the deer or my van but it was well gone:sad:.
A local who stopped said that there had been 40 deer hit in the area this year with 5 fatalities:eek:. A woman in a 4x4 hit a deer only a mile from me at the same time.:eek:

Crombers
23rd November 2008, 11:21 AM
A local who stopped said that there had been 40 deer hit in the area this year with 5 fatalities:eek:. A woman in a 4x4 hit a deer only a mile from me at the same time.:eek:

Take it they don't brush up much on the Highway Code these days then

AndyP & Lenore
23rd November 2008, 11:51 AM
You hear of this occasionally down in the sleepy Borders, but nothing like the rate of cars/deer you're talking about Baz.:eek:

Looks like what Stephen Lawson was talking about is essential in your neck of the woods - the Deer whistle is it? Something like that. Probably wouldn't be one fitted to your hire van though.:sad:

A.:sad:

Sheilz
23rd November 2008, 05:13 PM
Scary thing to happen. When you say five fatalities, do you mean people :sad:
You'd think when this number of deer are involved in accidents that there would be good justification to erect very high deer fences like they do in the highlands. I know they're not 100% effective but must be better than no barrier at all. Glad you weren't hurt. Poor bambi :sad:

AndyP & Lenore
23rd November 2008, 06:15 PM
Sheilz, I really can't see a fence stopping a car.:laugh:

A.:D

moraymini
23rd November 2008, 06:29 PM
Fatalities would likely be Bikers?

Sheilz
23rd November 2008, 11:40 PM
Sheilz, I really can't see a fence stopping a car.:laugh:

A.:D

Dear! Dear! :frown::frown: Too much :popcorn: :laugh: